This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Apply for positionPatient Care Manager - Cardiac Cath Lab - Temporary Full-Time (210646) Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 3/1/2021 3:09:26 PM
We currently have a Temporary Full-Time(until approx. February 2022) opportunity for a Patient Care Manager in the Cardiac Cath Lab department at our Bayview campus.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, some flexibility required
Summary of Duties
The Patient Care Manager will lead a large, dynamic cardiac portfolio and oversee the operations of four Cardiac Cath Labs, the Arrhythmia Invasive Suite, the Structural Heart Program, Cardiac Triage Office, Schulich Short Stay Unit; Heart Function and Rapid Cardiology Assessment Unit. In addition, the successful incumbent will be primarily responsible for ensuring the provision of patient care is consistent with the goals, objectives and standards of the Schulich Heart Program.
The Patient Care Manager will facilitate and champion problem solving and decision making by the patient care team; monitor and analyze the results of quality measurements and recommend solutions/changes to improve patient care; co-ordinate the day-to-day utilization of human and material resources to achieve the program’s goals and function; monitor attendance and performance of team members in achieving the standards of practice and manage performance reviews; achieve the program’s financial targets by monitoring unit-based expenses
The successful incumbent is also accountable for ensuring that patient care requirements are met with appropriate competence and delivery, and that patient care issues, problems and concerns are resolved. The Patient Care Manager works in collaboration with Schulich nursing leaders (i.e. Advanced Practice Nurses, Clinical Educators, Nurse Practitioners, etc) and medical staff to ensure that quality improvements are achieved.
- Completion of recognized Master’s degree program preferred or in progress
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in Nursing (Cardiac Cath Lab, Critical Care or CICU preferred)
- Minimum of 2-3 years recent management experience
- Expertise in the planning and management of large capital projects is an asset
- Familiarity with Broader Public Sector guidelines as well as involvement in major supply procurement processes is an asset
- Proven organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to embrace clinical and operational innovations and apply change management principles/ strategies to specific scenarios
- Ability to work effectively and demonstrates composure under pressure/ stressful conditions and to meet multiple and competing deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to Patient-Focused Care and proven interpersonal skills
- A coaching and empowering style of management
- Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment and collaborates with others in assisting with the delivery of care to patients
- Has knowledge of applicable legislation affecting human resources (i.e. Human Rights, Employment Standards, Occupational Health & Safety Act)
- Demonstrated success in establishing, leading and maintaining positive change and continuous quality improvement
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, set and accomplish goals and objectives in a complex fast paced environment.
- Proven leadership, coaching, team building, conflict resolution and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of computers (i.e. MS Word, Outlook, etc)
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 210646 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Apply for position
« Back to Non Union
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre's offers that may interest you