This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Apply for positionMedical Laboratory Technologist- Hematological Pathology-Flow Cytometry- Casual (200169 ) Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 2/27/2020 12:15:34 PM
We currently have two casual opportunities for a Medical Laboratory Technologist in the Hematological Pathology department-Flow Cytometry at our Bayview Campus.
Summary of Duties
To provide the technical, scientific and educational supportive services related to medical laboratory technology to assist in the provision of patient care. The MLT performs testing in Flow Cytometry and verifies/interprets laboratory results. Collaborates with laboratory medical staff. It is essential that the MLT promote activities which enhance best practice for quality of service and a safe working environment.
- Must be licensed to practice by CMLTO as a general MLT
- Demonstrate basic knowledge pertaining to the discipline of Flow Cytometry
- Recent Flow Cytometry experience in a hospital setting an asset
- Recent experience operating Backman Coulter Flow Cytometers for immunophenotyping and lymphocyte subsets required
- Previous experience with 10 colour analysis of haematological malignancies
- Previous morphology experience preferred
- Knowledge of IQMH certification is preferred
- A commitment to total Quality Assurance, and inter/intra Laboratory proficiency programmes
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently as required
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment, and provide excellent customer service
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel
- All applicants will be subject to a theoretical assessment prior to interview
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter (in one document) quoting 200169 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' near the top right corner of this page
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Apply for position
« Back to Allied Health
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre's offers that may interest you