This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
About the Business:
Sun Life Financial is a leader and innovator in engaging Canadians through digital channels, putting our clients at the center of everything we do. The Sun Life Salesforce Centre of Excellence (CoE) Team is a dynamic group of people, building and supporting exciting mission critical solutions for business areas across Sun Life Canada.
Salesforce.com is a key anchor platform enabling modern digital experiences. If you are looking to influence the organization in a critical role in the forefront of an enterprise wide digital transformation, this role is for you!
About the Role:
The Salesforce Centre of Excellence (CoE) team is growing and looking for a self-driven, entrepreneurial, and business minded Salesforce Application Designer. This role will act as a Salesforce Sub-Domain Architect collaborating closely with Technical Program Lead, Business Architect, Product Owner, and Salesforce Enterprise Architect to implement Financial Service Cloud in our Sun Life Distribution business area. He/she will also help address technical challenges faced by Agile Scrum teams.
What will you do?
- Work closely with Product Owner, Technical Program Lead, Business Architect and consultants in providing high level solution options, sizing, and inputs to prioritize Salesforce feature roadmap for the next 1-2 quarters.
- Present high level solution design options for implementing Salesforce Financial Services Cloud platform capabilities; and provide technical recommendations which take into account Salesforce best practices (i.e., configuration first, customization only if needed); balance between technical feasibility and achieving speed to market for business partners.
- Be a trusted Salesforce technical advisor to business partners/sponsors by bringing to the table knowledge of new Salesforce and Financial Service Cloud capabilities and how these capabilities can advance a client/advisor centric digital transformation by developing Proof of Concept (PoC) and Proof of Technology (PoT).
- Collaborate closely with Salesforce Application Designer(s) from Agile teams to help deliver and implement Salesforce capabilities to business partners.
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and coaching to developers in global locations.
- Contribute to Salesforce technical governance framework on Salesforce CoE, especially in advancing DevOps journey/practice in Salesforce; design and development best practices and guideline.
- Lead post-implementation transition to Application Operations Services team in Sun Life.
- Maintain and update the necessary system design documentation for applications built in Salesforce platform.
- Works with Salesforce practice manager to identify reuse opportunities across multiple Salesforce orgs/instances.
- Produce both high-level and detailed-level designs and implement Salesforce solutions based on business requirements and defined architectures
What you need to succeed:
- Hands-on experience working with many aspects of the Salesforce platform (Sales Cloud, and Community Cloud are essential; Financial Services Cloud will be ideal).
- Minimum 7 years of experience in all aspects of Salesforce.com development environment including Out Of The Box (OOTB) automation tools, asynchronous and synchronous Apex, Apex Trigger patterns, Visual Force, data migration approach & tools. Must have hands-on experience configuring and customizing Salesforce Lighting experience.
- Must demonstrate strong understanding of design best practices and hands-on custom lightning component development experience in Salesforce Lightning Aura and LWC frameworks.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in integrating Salesforce.com applications with 3rd party system using REST and SOAP web service API; hands-on experience & good understanding about event based integration (publisher and subscriber model) is a plus.
- Experience configuring and implementing Enterprise Territory Management is a plus.
- 2 years of experience in configuring CI/CD pipeline using CI/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins), source code control system (e.g., BitBucket), and deployment scripts using Ant Migration Tools and Salesfore CLI. Previous hands-on experience in configuring CI/CD using Salesforce CLI in a source structure is a plus.
- Software development fundamentals such as knowledge of data structures, object oriented programming, relational database design, and design patterns.
- Hands-on experience with implementing accessibility compliance web design (i.e., AODA Double A compliance).
- Understanding of agile delivery methods (Scrum / Kanban) and Design Thinking principles
- Salesforce Certifications:
- Salesforce Certified Administrator, Salesforce Platform Developer 1, at least 1-2 Salesforce designer certifications
- Salesforce Platform Developer 2, Salesforce Community Cloud Consultant, Salesforce Sales Cloud Consultant is a plus
- Strong bias for innovation and pursuing creative solutions
- Self-driven and motivated to get results.
- Passion, creativity, and collaboration.
- Embrace change and adept at working collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team to deliver solutions.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) to express ideas, thoughts and questions so that it can be understood by various audiences
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills to break down high-level business requirements into more detail by questioning and probing for clarification.
- Good leadership, planning and consulting skills (business and technical).
- A strong appreciation of the quickly evolving digital technology landscape and its applicability to businesses and their clients.
- Self-directed learning
Occasional weekend / after-hours work may be required to support project implementations, system upgrades and support for production environments.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- An environment of continuous learning and improvement
- Flexible hours and periodic work from home options
- The opportunity to move along a variety of career paths with amazing networking potential
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:73,800/73 800 - 124,100/124 100
Job Category:IT - Application Development
Posting End Date:16/04/2021
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Sun Life Financial's offers that may interest you