This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
DevOps Program Director and Coach
Sun Life is embarking on a multi-year transformation to a Digital Enterprise, to move to a new way of working, bringing Business, IT and Operations closer together in delivering Client value. We are forming a mobilization team to kick-start new teams under Digital Enterprise.
Sun Life is seeking a talented individual to be a DevOps Program Director and Coach for our global organization. The ideal candidate will work with a dynamic cross-functional team to oversee the implementation of our DevOps journey and help with adoption of DevOps practices. You will help implement automation and speed of delivery solutions across Sun Life, with a particular focus on (but not limited to) Continuous Integration and Continuous Testing. This individual will also lead a virtual team comprised of DevOps experts to track strategies as a part of the overall roadmap and prioritize their implementations and improvements across the organization.
A suitable candidate is an established leader and DevOps professional with positive attitude and experience in setting direction and leading teams in a complex, cross-functional matrix environment. This role is accountable for the delivery of complex solutions and the development of the business agile adoption path for Sun Life globally. The incumbent will work with partners across the organization and ensure alignment with IT scrum agile methods, including evolving and maturing our agile methods, training and incorporating all DevOps tools and processes on all Agile teams.
- Overall Program Leadership of the DevOps roadmap and DevOps Dojos
- Act as a change agent, supporting SLF teams in their DevOps adoption, growth and maturity. Be able to make decisions, influence and lead discussions with business and IT participants in the agile journey at a team and management level.
- Build trust with organizational leadership and individual business and development teams.
- Foster innovation and encourage continuous improvement in alignment with Sun Life’s Bright Way Management System
- Advise on dependency management techniques between internal agile and non-agile teams in the business and IT areas, as well as other stakeholders in the organization.
- Create training guide and provide training and coaching throughout the organization.
- Establishing consistent best practices and relevant DevOps metrics to ensure success and visibility of the program into overall agile adoption in the business areas of Sun Life as well as active agile delivery initiatives.
- Coach and mentor different teams to facilitate adoption of existing Sun Life DevOps tools, processes and methodologies as well as applying the same to new tools and processes introduced to Sun Life
- Mentor the teams to adopt and use relevant DevOps concepts, such as coding best practices from latest industry trends, continuous integration or automated deployment
- Mentors people within the teams to help remove impediments and facilitate an environment of continuous improvement and adoption of DevOps practices.
- Develops a results or outcome based mindset by working with the Product Owners, teams, stakeholders, leaders and managers to improve performance and set OKR metrics in support of Sun Life's business plans and goals.
- Work with other Coaches, with specific support for the DevOps Dojo as they empower the team to become self-organizing, self-managing and highly functional.
- Work closely with assigned DevOps specialist to ensure that usage of approved tools, process and culture within assigned teams increases adoption levels
- Be the influencer in all interactions with the incumbent teams that are being coached
Competencies / Requirements / Experience:
- 5+ years DevOps leadership and best practices experience with proven results
- 2+ years Coaching experience working in Agile teams, with development, operations and testing experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Understands functions of various DevOps roles and how they relate in defining work
- Deep knowledge and understanding Project Management practices and disciplines, tools and methodologies
- Experience managing technical priorities within the backlog
- Experience working on initiatives that span multiple business units
- Strong and effective relationship builder with the ability to influence across organizational boundaries and collaborate effectively with senior executives
- An enthusiastic team player who enjoys sharing knowledge, experience and ideas, and is open to ideas and input of others.
- Strong business acumen - client-focused with an in-depth understanding of business goals
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, able to tailor communication style to the audience and to actively participate and influence conversations with senior executives.
- Results-oriented with a proven record of delivering to deadlines, able to multi-task and prioritize a wide range of tasks with an understanding of the big picture and inter-dependencies across processes and systems.
- Familiarity with insurance and finance industry
- Experience and proven track record in end-to-end agile delivery, both in terms of Kanban and Scrum methods
What’s in it for you?
- To be part of a dynamic team of professionals in a highly collaborative environment
- Opportunity to grow your skills through on the job coaching and formal training
- To be part of an innovative culture where continuous improvement is valued and embedded in what we do
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- A common sense dress code, where you dictate how you dress based on your day
- The opportunity to move along a variety of career paths with amazing networking potential
- Flex hours and periodic work from home options.
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:102,500/102 500 - 169,200/169 200
Job Category:Project Management - Systems
Posting End Date:26/10/2020
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Sun Life Financial's offers that may interest you