This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Bring us your passion for guiding corporate architecture strategies in the areas of Network, Cloud and Security, and we’ll put you to work on exciting initiatives that answer the challenge: ''How can we do that better?” As a leader in network, cloud, and cloud infrastructure architecture, you will be part of a dedicated team of energetic, forward-thinking innovators and will stretch your imagination on the leading-edge projects that are keeping Sun Life ahead of the curve.
The Enterprise Architecture team is dedicated to providing the services and technology our business partners need to continue to innovate for our clients and help them achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives. Through innovation and collaboration, we're striving to continually find new and better ways to bring value to Sun Life IT Services globally.
Provide technology leadership supporting all Network Architecture activities driving targeted business outcomes. This includes the Cloud and Security aspect of Network Infrastructure.
The successful candidate for this role brings motivation, creativity, proven leadership and expertise executing on enterprise solutions. Reporting to the AVP of Infrastructure Architecture and a member of the Network and Global Service Delivery leadership teams this role provides the leadership, facilitation, analysis and design tasks required for the development of Sun Life’s technology architecture.
They will create deliverables that help develop guidance for evolving the network infrastructure across the enterprise to enable business strategy and outcomes through technical decisions by;
- Collaborating with Business, Operations, and Technology to create actionable architecture plans, overall strategy, and roadmaps
- Developing and communicating current, target, and interim architecture, including a long-term strategy
- Maintaining and communicating adherence to a long-term strategy
- Fostering innovative technologies to support client and business needs at pace
- Delivering on shared Business and Technology strategy and roadmap for technical enablers to support client outcomes
- Establishing reference patterns and implementations; roll out across enterprise
- Ensuring business outcomes, decision rights, guidelines, policies, standards, and principles are well defined and understood by all stakeholders
What will you do?
This position has architectural responsibility for the Sun Life network and its security aspects globally, including Cloud Data Centres. This role leads technology strategies and delivers durable reference architectures that will be leveraged by engineering and operations teams globally to implement the network components required to run Sun Life's business operation.
This role will also provide Subject Matter Expertise level knowledge of networks, security tools, cloud services, trends, methodologies, and best practices for securing platforms and operating systems at the endpoint (server, workstations, handheld) and enterprise network level that improves Sun Life's security posture globally
- Establish and maintain network security architecture, technology patterns and roadmap priority used in the delivery of Enterprise Network services
- Establish and evolve the network trust model and standards (wired and wireless network, mobile, cloud, network virtualization, etc.)
- Ensure security requirements for Sun Life Networks by evaluating business strategies and needs; researching information security standards; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; driving business cases
- Evaluation of application and/or infrastructure design specifications to ensure alignment with documented security architecture, standards, patterns and industry best practice.
- Represent Network Infrastructure in Sun Life’s various Enterprise Architecture governance forums
- Proven ability to be a individual contributor leader and create strong partnerships instil win-win scenarios
- Lead and maintain the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies, risks and recommend solutions for improvement, including industry insight.
- Provide architecture and design walkthrough with other architects and product stewards to effectively apply security principles as part of the design process, approving security configuration and installation of the overall solution
- Enforcement of network security architecture and best practices design, implementation and operations standards
- Provide consultation and comprehensive support to our internal and external business partners including Architecture, Application Services, Distributed Computing (server, storage, web hosting), Information Security, Business Continuity and our business stakeholders
- Partner with Engineering, Operations, and Service Delivery workgroups for knowledge transfer on new technologies and to ensure successful and secure implementation of strategic projects
- Maintain constant visibility of market technology and user trends, and influences vendors' roadmaps to prioritize features important to Sun Life's strategic objectives
- Create, implement and engage key strategic vendor relationships for services and products; monitors service level performance, accuracy and quality metric for all vendors.
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive networking technology experience in an enterprise environment is required
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in security principles, focused on network security in a large enterprise is required
- Minimum of 2+ years of corporate network and secure connectivity with major cloud computing platforms.
- Cisco Switches & Routers in a large enterprise data center environment
- F5 Load Balancers, Checkpoint Firewall, Cisco ISE, Aruba Clearpass, Splunk, QRadar - Desired
- Expert experience with Directory Services technologies (HW, OS, Application Integration, Meta-Directories)
- Deep understanding of Microsoft PKI & Active Directory design integration, consolidation and management best practices
- Experience with Identity and Access Management Solutions
- Deep understanding of various authentication patterns and practices across multiple devices, platforms and form factors.
- Solid understanding of Digital Enterprise and Modern Architecture concepts such as; decoupling, API’s micro-services etc...
- Solid understanding of AWS (preferred) or Azure or GCP-Google Cloud Platform or other similar cloud environments
- Solid understanding of NIST, security principles and best practices
- Ability to de-construct and understand complex multi-tiered applications
- Thorough understanding of cloud based authentication methodologies
- Zero trust and layered threat prevention models
- Extensive experience producing detailed and professional technical documents describing standards, architectures, or designs is required
- Deep knowledge OSI layers 1-7, 802.1x is required
- SME level knowledge of the available tools and best practices for securing common Infrastructure Services such as DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policy, PKI, Lync/OCS, Email, etc. is required
- SME level knowledge of the best practices for securing virtualized environments built on various hypervisors (Oracle, VMWare, Microsoft, Citrix), and methods for ensuring data protection using both public and private cloud environments is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of MPLS, DWDM, SONET, VLAN, BGP, OSPF, HSRP, SIP, IPS/IDS
- Bachelor of Science degree (BSc) or higher is required
- Vendor certifications such as CCIE or equivalent work experience is required.
- Top-level IT industry security certifications such as CISSP are highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of TOGAF or other architecture methodology is preferred
What’s in it for you?
- To be part of a dynamic team of professionals in a highly collaborative environment
- Opportunity to grow your skills through on the job coaching and formal training
- To be part of an innovative culture where continuous improvement is valued and embedded in what we do
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- A common sense dress code, where you dictate how you dress based on your day
- The opportunity to move along a variety of career paths with amazing networking potential
- Flex hours and periodic work from home options.
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:102,500/102 500 - 169,200/169 200
Job Category:IT - Application Development
Posting End Date:23/10/2020
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Sun Life Financial's offers that may interest you