This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
The Technology Consultant delivers on daily financial / non financial goals in Capital Goods (Divisions 1, 2, 3). Primarily a sales position, they will spend the majority of their time with customers, maximizing sales and earnings. The Technology Consultant will work actively with direct supervisor to develop and reinforce the selling culture, leverage customer relationships to drive sales, and maintain high merchandising standards. Responsible to ensure customer satisfaction both in store and post sales. Assists in providing guidance, training and coaching to associates as required on company initiatives, sales programs and product knowledge.
- Maximizes sales opportunities with every customer by using current selling techniques and company programs.
- Leads selling in the technology and furniture departments and cultivates a selling culture with associates working in the departments in order to achieve current goals and targets.
- Provides assistance to associates in the department through training and coaching with regular follow up.
- Partners with direct supervisor (or management) to achieve short and long term goals for the technology and furniture departments.
- Effectively resolves customer concerns and escalates to management when appropriate.
- Performs follow up calls to solicit feedback on sales, promote additional products and services where applicable.
- Ensures proper follow-up on all special orders and transfers placed in the department.
- Provides management with relevant sales information, stock levels and communicates any product problems.
- Ensures that all security devices (ex. EAS tags, Alpha boxes etc) are placed onto appropriate product as indicated by loss prevention policies as needed.
- Maintains company merchandising standards, including current pricing, signage, plan-o-grams, promotional planners, ad set-ups and displays. In D and E Volume stores, this associate will action and maintain these processes.
- Prepares quotes on systems and related products when required.
- Capable to follow RUSCOMP procedures effectively.
- Provides coverage and assistance in all areas of the store where business needs require and as associate training supports, including Tech Services.
- Understands and adheres to all privacy policies, coaches others to do so as well.
- Properly secures company assets and physical inventory and follows all loss prevention and key control procedures.
- Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist.
- Accountable to understand general company policies and provide guidance to staff as needed.
- Ensures associates check and understand all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portal, etc).
- Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business.
- Ensures the general cleanliness of workstations, lunchroom and washrooms according to company standards is maintained.
- Responsible for the safe and proper use of all store equipment and are required to inform management of any maintenance issues regarding the equipment.
- Promotes and maintains a safe working environment and follows all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
- As per policy, required to have personal parcels (bags, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked by a manager prior to leaving the store premises.
- Demonstrates strong selling ability.
- Demonstrates leadership ability.
- Capacity to communicate with clients effectively using a variety of mediums.
- Ability to resolve clients concerns in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to make decisions with integrity that supports company guidelines and makes good business sense.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently to effectively to handle their daily responsibilities and serve our customers.
- Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary.
- Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team.
- Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required.
- Technology sales experience.
- 1-2 years in a leadership or supervisory role with direct accountability for achieving sales and service targets is preferred.
- Completion of post-secondary education in a technical field is preferred.
- Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress and physical discomfort may occur.
- A moderate amount of physical effort is required while placing merchandise, however, you are capable of choosing when to stop and relax.
- Movement of freight by use of ladders and stock pickers is required.
- Required to work a varying work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business. This would include working evenings and weekends as directed by management.
* Please note that candidates who wish to apply for the position will be requested to consent to having a criminal background check conducted on them.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Staples Canada Inc.'s offers that may interest you