This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Who we are
Staples Canada is on a journey to become the Working and Learning Company. We are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
Some of what you will do
As the Retail Warehouse Supervisor, you will supervise a team of associates in carrying out day to day responsibilities including nightly building maintenance, maintaining off site storage including sensitivity to securing company assets and optimizing space. You will service one or a group of retail stores in both saleable and non-saleable items, and will have direct responsibility for picking, shipping, receiving and tracking merchandise. You will proactively identify and resolve issues in various functional areas such as breakdown, put away, replenishment, QC, staging, loading and shipping. You will also monitor and maintain SKU’s and locations to support efficient warehouse processing and maximize warehouse space usage. Each day will be challenging and fast paced, and you will be inspired to bring your best every day.
Specifically, you will:
Assist with development and achievement of supported stores performance goals and objectives, including productivity, accuracy and inventory integrity.
Supervise 1-2 direct reports in two separate facilities
Provide daily coverage in either facility as required to support team vacations/leaves/time off.
Develop associate skills, through training, coaching and mentoring.
Perform WMS/OMS processes to support inbound and outbound operations such as receiving vendor purchase orders; regular lines or special orders, or customer returns, ensuring all shipments are received, verified against the packing slip, and keyed on the same day and coordinating product flow to respective areas of the warehouse.
Maintain an effective and efficient OOS process, alerting supervisor to any and all OOS items and replenishes when necessary.
Perform non-system inbound and outbound tasks such as separating and labeling product received, stocking product into identified locations verifying SKU and quantity accuracy, picking and stocking product to complete replenishment tasks and picking product for customer orders ensuring quantity and unit-of-measure picked is equal to those ordered.
Follow company procedures regarding security of the receiving areas, all facility product, as well as that of store keys, locks, and secured doors
Some of what you need
3 years supervisory experience in a warehouse environment is preferred.
Prior experience in warehouse operations and operating equipment; forklift and pallet jack
High School Diploma or equivalent
Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently to effectively handle their daily responsibilities.
Sound decision making, leadership ability and effective communication
Some of what you will get
• Associate discount
• Health and Dental benefits
• Performance bonuses
• Learning & Development programs
• And more...
• There may be exposure to heat / cold, dust, noise and fumes from trucks. Due to direct contact with delivery trucks, there is higher risk of personal injury if you are not practicing safe working habits.
• Conditions exist where you may not be able to choose when to stop for a period of two consecutive hours, due to the continual receipt of deliveries, and or outbound shipment preparation.
• Required to work a varying work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business. This would include working evenings and weekends as directed by management.
• Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employee may lift, lower, carry product up to a maximum of 50 pounds by hand. Require physical effort associated with using RF scanners to enter information
• Must be able to read and hear verbal instructions or through a headset
• Works in a warehouse environment. While performing the duties of this job the employee may operate warehouse equipment.
• Using proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Some travel may be required between facilities on a weekly/monthly basis.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Staples Canada Inc.'s offers that may interest you