This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply
The Copy & Print Centre (CPC) Lead monitors and strives to meet daily financial/non-financial goals. Supports team development in the areas of technical proficiency and offer knowledge. Follows and teaches CPC processes and procedures and maintains and drives operational integrity of CPC. Monitors activities relating to alternative sales channels and decision making around order routing for production. Models behaviours and ensures team is accurately filtering and understanding needs of Business and Consumer clients. Is the authority on solutions that meet the client’s needs and recommends products and services that support these needs. Maintains and grows established client relationships by providing outstanding customer care.
- Urgently responds to customers in queue.
- Provides accurate information to clients about CPC products and services, production capabilities, and order turnaround.
- Executes advanced non-production tasks. This could include as managing correspondence with clients, and overseeing execution of the Production Log and replenish supplies.
- Executes production tasks such as processing customer orders in an efficient, accurate manner and paying close attention to detail and instructions, and managing the project while following proper production procedures (set up, quality control, and finishing).
- Plans, supports and implements CPC promotional programs.
- Executes advanced production tasks such as machine calibration, promptly schedules maintenance of copying and finishing equipment using Asset Management System.
- Promotes web and route orders appropriately.
- Provides quality instruction to CPC Associates, ensures CPC associates are aware of the daily and weekly goals.
- Assesses, and coaches skills development opportunities with CPC Associates.
- Assesses who the customer is and applies accurate service principles.
- Applies relationship selling practices and principles by understanding how the project will be used and makes recommendations that add value to the client's project.
- Seeks out and shares strong client lead opportunities to be pursued by the business.
- Understands Copy and Print Profit and Loss and partners with management to take steps to achieve sales and profit goals.
- Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in the CPC.
- Follows all correct cash register operations, and properly secures company funds and physical inventory at cash stations.
- Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to their position, as outlined in the training checklist.
- Checks all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portals etc.).
- Ensures general cleanliness of CPC workstations, according to company standards is maintained.
- Associate is expected to maintain a safe working environment and follow all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
- As per policy, required to have personal bags (parcels, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked by a manager prior to leaving the store premises.
- Demonstrated leadership tendencies
- Demonstrates selling ability.
- Strong technical proficiency with computers and Microsoft software applications would be an asset.
- Established and relevant experience with digital print technology and finishing processes would be an asset.
- Ability to resolve clients concerns in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to engage clients in a friendly and professional manner.
- Capacity to communicate with clients effectively using a variety of mediums.
- Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary.
- Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team.
- Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required.
- 3-4 Years of Retail customer service is preferred.
- Prior experience in a retail/commercial printing environment is preferred.
- Working towards or successful completion of high school is preferred.
- Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress or physical discomfort may occur.
- You are required to stand in a stationary position for periods of time. This would occur while working on various orders.
- You will be exposed to moderately disagreeable levels of noise generated by the copiers and the ringing of the telephone and internal paging system.
- A moderate amount of physical effort is required while stocking paper and copy supplies, you are capable of choosing when to stop and relax.
* Please note that candidates who wish to apply for the position will be requested to consent to having a criminal background check conducted on them.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Staples Canada Inc.'s offers that may interest you