This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
St. Michael's Hospital is a world-renowned academic health centre that leads the way in clinical care, education, and research and is fully affiliated with the University of Toronto. The Project Management Office is responsible for tracking and managing various Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) projects and other corporate initiatives. To be considered for the role, you must have project management experience, preferably in a health care setting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs daily project activities and coordinates the work of the members of the project team to ensure activities meet or exceed needs and expectations.
- Provides leadership and guidance to project team during all stages of the project lifecycle (Concept through Close-Out).
- Conducts project team meetings (Steering Committee, Project Working Groups).
- Develops, tracks and maintains project documentation during all stages of the project lifecycle (Concept through Close-Out): Business Case, Project Charter, Project Status Report, Close Out Report, Project Plan, Risk registry and contingency plan, Resource matrix, Cost estimates and Budgets, Cost and Productivity analysis, Lessons Learned, etc)
- Identifies, schedules and tracks project deliverables, milestones and required tasks.
- Identifies, records, and monitors project issues from discovery through to resolution.
- Follows internal PMO standards and procedures for managing projects, reporting and documentation.
- Adheres to best practices as outlined by the Project Management Institute (PMI) in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Leads the Continuous Improvement process.
- Liaises with management from different portfolios and maintains timely communications with all project team members/senior management.
- Communicates regularly with executive management and administration regarding the status of current project initiatives; obtains executive guidance and approval as required to advance initiatives.
- Consults and coordinates with various vendors throughout the projects' implementation cycle.
- Represents the project to various institutional divisions and components as well as to various external entities.
- Researches various tools and technologies in the market and provides recommendations as necessary.
- Stays current with the trends and developments in project management.
- Attends the PMI Institute information sessions and events.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, Engineering, or Business Administration coupled with three to five years experience in managing progressively larger and more complex projects.
- Must have or be currently pursuing Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Must have knowledge of Project Management methodologies and the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Conversant in various tools for project management, project planning, and time tracking, e.g., Primavera, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Visio, WBS Pro and Eclipse.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex, or ambiguous.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment including group facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong ability to negotiate with and influence others.
- High level of initiative and self-direction.
- Demonstrated leadership and commitment to continuous professional learning.
- Previous experience in the health care industry.
- Ability to function within a 7/24 environment and be on-call during off-hours.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other St. Michael's Hospital - Unity Health Toronto's offers that may interest you