This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
The Manager of Quality and Process Improvement for Corporate Health, Safety and Wellness provides leadership for planning, implementation and evaluation of quality and process improvement initiatives across the organization.
The primary function of the manager is to lead innovative initiatives that enables the organization to measurably improve quality, safety and prevention of harm from a corporate health, safety and wellness perspective. This requires the implementation of reliable systems, infrastructure and practices while motivating cultural and practice change.
The primary responsibilities of the Manager, Quality and Process Improvement include:
- Collaborating with leadership teams across the organization in the development and articulation of program strategic goals and objectives
- Leading the development and implementation of strategic process improvements initiatives at Unity Health with a focus on initiatives requiring integration and harmonization of systems, practice, processes and tools across sites
- Leading the development and implementation of leading practice within the CHSW portfolio
- Providing change leadership in the engagement of a broad range of internal and external stakeholders in the articulation, implementation and evaluation of new and innovative systems and practice changes at Unity Health.
- Leading the COVID-19 response teams at Unity Health.
Quality Improvement and Process Innovation
- Develops and implements a broad range of process and quality improvement projects related to driving performance
- Develops and implements improvement reporting strategy (reports and communication plans) for all projects, data analysis and measurement outcomes
- Leads corporate quality improvement initiatives across the organization, such as workplace violence, sick time, attendance support, onboarding, injury prevention etc.
Promotion of a Culture of Health, Safety and Wellness
- Advocates for and actively contributes to a culture of patient and staff safety
- Use project management and change leadership skills and methodologies in examining and re-engineering procedures, formulating policy and developing and implementing new guidelines, policies, practices and processes.
- Develops a system to validate learning and ensures that practice and/or process changes are measured, sustained and outcome improved.
- Develops and implement standards and guidelines for Ministry of Health Directives, recommendations and best practice related to COVID-19 or emergent infectious diseases.
- Manages Call Centre and Contact Tracing Team daily operations
- Provides education and training on standard work, documentation, communication and reporting requirements.
COVID Call Centre and Contact Tracing
- Develops and implement corporate policies, procedures and standard operating procedures
- Leads CHSW COVID outbreak response across the three sites
- Responsible for people management of the COVD Call Centre and Contact Tracing Team
- Establish, organize and implement strategies within the portfolio and is responsible for the operations of its departments as well as the effective use of its resources (budget, staffing, etc).
- Ensures financial and planning processes are appropriately linked to projects, service delivery and other visible department outputs which provide value to clients, while identifying opportunities for cost savings and revenue generation
- Maintains full responsibility for planning, monitoring, managing and allocating departmental budget to meet departmental goals
- Regulated health professional in good standing with relevant regulatory body
- Master’s Degree in Health Science required
- Undergraduate Degree in Health, Business Administration or Quality Improvement required
- Health Administration Change Management Practitioner Certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years previous change leadership or management experience and educational leadership and professional practice experience required
- Demonstrated experience leading a team across multi-site organization
- Demonstrated experience leading initiatives/projects across a multi-site organization
- Well developed leadership competencies (negotiation, active listening, participative leadership style, ability in inspire others, delegation, influencing, goal setting, achievement oriented, coaching)
- Demonstrated evidence of strong knowledge on regulatory standards, legislation, organizational policies/guidelines
- Strong change management and project management skills required
- Satisfactory attendance record.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other St. Michael's Hospital - Unity Health Toronto's offers that may interest you