This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
The Activity/Recreation Worker promotes the overall quality of life for clients in health care facilities (hospitals, transitional care centers and personal care homes).
The incumbent exercises a moderate level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values; and the policies of Soutrn Health-Santé Sud.Qualifications
- Proficiency of both official languages is essential (English/French)
- Grade Xll education required
- Recognized Therapeutic Recreation/Activity Programming certificate or equivalent relevant education required
- Minimally, completion of four courses of the “Therapeutic Recreation Facilitator for Older Adults” program (Red River College) or equivalent is required:
- RECF-1045 Foundation to Therapeutic Recreation
- RECF-1046 TR Leisure Concepts
- RECF-1047 TR Cognitive Impairment
- RECF-1051 Documentation Skills
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Southern Health's offers that may interest you