This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Senior Law Clerk
Location: Mississauga, ON
Who We Are
At SOTI, we are committed to delivering best in class mobile and IoT device management solutions. We are looking for out of the box thinkers that appreciate the art of creating great software. To us, being visionary is more important than doing things the way they’ve always been done.
What We’re Looking For
The Senior Law Clerk is accountable day-to-day corporate and commercial matters, including drafting various types of corporate documentation, contract review and drafting, privacy and compliance. The Senior Law Clerk works with the Legal Counsel to prepare, update and review contract records in the contract management database, as well as works on a number of other legal projects, and responsibilities, as outlined below in the responsibilities section.
What’s in it for you?
The People - From our humble origins in our founder’s basement, to our industry leading position today, SOTI has worked hard to foster a company culture that we can all believe in. A culture that emphasizes personal growth, continuous innovation and fun.
The Growth - Our environment fosters new ideas, fresh perspectives, and the ability to take them over the goal line. SOTI is a fast-paced environment with a global reach that encourages you to make your mark and be part of something big!
The Technology - You’ll get the chance to work with leading edge technologies and take on complex and interesting projects, as part of highly collaborative and agile teams. You will work alongside SOTI’s partners which include leading tech giants that will keep you on the cusp of emerging technologies.
- Assist with day-to-day corporate and commercial matters, including drafting various types of corporate documentation, contract review and drafting, privacy and compliance
- Prepare, update and review contract records in the contract management database
- Manage NDA process and draft some non-standard contracts and renewals
- Support and assist with negotiations with internal and external parties to explain contract provisions
- Licensing and Multijurisdictional issues-on issues of intellectual property (trademarks, copyright, software, patents, computer processes etc.), corporate and litigation and the protection and enforcement in other jurisdictions.
- Be a point of contact for contract review requests for various business functions and co-ordinate access to and support from lawyers as needed
- Support data information requests by lawyers and business teams and respond to inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions
- Litigation Management - assist lawyers and legal department staff members with managing litigation, drafting documents, and providing reports
- Assist with management of outside legal counsel
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of self-help tools, materials/resources such as tool kits, process and procedures documents, training materials and guidelines
- Provide support/back-up to other Legal Department law clerks
- Assist with information requests, corporate history matters and other questions as needed
- Coordinate with other departments, such as Finance, HR and Business Operations, as well as outside legal counsel and other external advisors and agents
- Help identify operational improvement opportunities within the department working with the broader group of legal team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience as a legal assistant or law clerk at a top tier law firm and/or corporate legal department with contract management, and compliance experience
- Proven knowledge of contracts and commercial paperwork
- Experience with corporate, commercial, technology, and intellectual property law
- Experience supporting lawyers, other law clerks, and legal assistants
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, used to communicating with various stakeholders including procurement and legal, business sponsors and dealing at C level; ability to adapt communication style to audience, including strong drafting skills for correspondence and contract terms
- Understanding of risk management and regulatory compliances
- Experience with process improvement tasks
- Ability to build and maintain a large internal network and build relationships with internal stakeholders
- Self-motivated/independent/resourceful/proactive/tenacious and the ability to challenge the status quo
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills and a professional office, client and telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, remain calm with a sense of urgency while maintaining a positive, team driven work ethic and ability to approach colleagues and lawyers to solicit work
- Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct
- Experience working with different levels of a company including senior management
- Practical and proactive problem solver
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required
- Strong computer skills required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, contract management software)
- Able to take direction and work independently, prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Good negotiation skills
SOTI is the world's most trusted provider of mobile and IoT management solutions, with more than 17,000 enterprise customers and millions of devices managed worldwide. SOTI's innovative portfolio of solutions and services provide the tools organizations need to truly mobilize their operations and optimize their mobility investments. SOTI extends secure mobility management to provide a total, flexible solution for comprehensive management and security of all mobile devices and connected peripherals deployed in an organization.
At SOTI, we celebrate the uniqueness of our global teams and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are curious problem solvers who are committed to bringing the best mobile and IoT management solutions to market. We offer careers with #EndlessPossibilities.
What are you waiting for? Apply today: https://www.soti.net/careersIf you want to bring your ideas to life, apply at SOTI today.We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the requirements under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify People & Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that SOTI does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, SOTI will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other SOTI Inc. North America's offers that may interest you