- Salary To be discussed
- Full time
- Published on January 16th, 2022
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Quality Assurance Co-Op
From start-up to industry leader, the SOTI story is truly inspirational. Our Founder and CEO, Carl Rodrigues, is one of the pioneers of Enterprise Mobility Management. From the beginning, Carl has had a vision of growth and innovation. SOTI is committed to providing its employees with endless possibilities; to learn new things, to work with the latest technologies and to actually make a difference. You have a great passion for modern technology, and you are driven by your energy to identify and resolve complex problems. If you have strong problem solving abilities in a fast paced environment, and an aptitude for learning new technologies, this position offers an interesting opportunity in QA space. At SOTI, we are on a mission to become the best software company in Canada. Join us at SOTI and bring your ideas to life!
As a part of our team, your typical day may include the following:
- Design, develop and document application test strategies, test plans and test cases based on software requirements and technical specifications for all SOTI’s product offerings
- Create, implement and maintain test coverage for SOTI’s Web and Mobile applications
- Work with Product Managers and Scrum Masters to define the project's testing methodology and manage the test execution for small to large sized projects
- Create and maintain SQL queries
- Work collaboratively with test teams composed of staff drawn from various IT, business units and 3rd party resource providers
- Prioritize testing tasks, scenarios and test cases and track and report on testing activities
- Conduct exploratory testing on SOTI's applications during development (TDD)
- Offer creative and innovative solutions to complex testing issues
- Follow the overall QA process improvements to ensure consistency and standardization across product lines.
- Work in a collaborative, quality focused role in agile development teams to shape SOTI's product offerings.
Why work at SOTI?
SOTI is the world's most trusted provider of enterprise mobility management (EMM) solutions, with over 15,000 enterprise customers and millions of devices managed worldwide. SOTI's portfolio of solutions and services provides the tools organizations need to truly mobilize their operations and optimize their mobility investments. Our award-winning solution, SOTI MobiControl, allows enterprises to enable, optimize and secure their mobile workforce across all platforms to support corporate-liable and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies.
SOTI works closely with top mobile device manufacturers such as: Samsung, Microsoft, Intermec, Honeywell, RIM, Motorola, Aruba, Bluebird, Panasonic, ZTE, LG, etc. SOTI’s world-class remote technology is second to none & is licensed by top mobile device hardware & software brands.
We are passionate about producing innovative solutions that deliver results and solve real customer needs.
This job will be great for you if:
- You are familiar with test strategies, planning and prioritizing test cases and execution
- You have good understanding of web/mobile applications and web services testing, as well as the OSI model and computer networking principles (TCP/IP)
- You possess knowledge of MS-SQL and the software development life cycle
- Some previous exposure to either Android, iOS or Windows CE testing is a definite plus
- You have great passion for modern technology
- You are eager to constantly learn and update your skills in our cross-platform environment, and you like to share knowledge with others
- You have excellent communication and articulation skills and you will be able to share and exchange ideas with your team members and management, and
- You are a student enrolled in either IT, Computer Science or other relevant program.