This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Skip continually looks for high performers who are excited to join our entrepreneurial team to revolutionize food ordering and the delivery industry. We are a technology and logistics company that partners with restaurants across North America to provide access to top restaurants. Skip simplifies this process and provides an exceptional experience to users by levering leading-edge technology and an extensive courier network.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, testing, and debugging
- Solid understanding of consuming, producing, and designing RESTful web services
- Exceptional knowledge of Java, especially Java 8 lambdas and streaming functionality
- Passion for engineering practices such as TDD, pair programming, and code reviews
- Good understanding of continuous delivery, deployment and integration
- Work with data persistence in relational, unstructured, and/or cached forms
- Deep understanding of Java 8 and peripheral tools.
- Strong application of software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, testing, and debugging.
- Ability to deliver best patterns and practices to solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid understanding of consuming, producing, and designing RESTful web services and message brokers.
- Experience implementing engineering best practices such as TDD, building monitoring metrics, and code reviews.
- Understanding of continuous delivery, deployment, and integration.
- Previous exposure to data persistence in relational, unstructured, and/or cached forms.
How We Work?
- We take ownership of our work and work closely with our team.
- We move quickly, take risks, and know how to manage the risks.
- Regularly refactoring to improve our existing systems - technical debt isn’t an excuse.
- Unit tests and code reviews are at our core - confidence in our pull request is the result.
- We constantly push our app’s technology, design, and architecture forward to meet new challenges.
- We face challenges no one can predict - we meet them head-on as a team.
- When we have an idea that serves a need, we run with it.
- Our teams are kept tight and efficient.
Why work at Skip?
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you - you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Skip The Dishes is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment activities and will work with all applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other SkipTheDishes's offers that may interest you