This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
If you are a positive leader in labour relations and are ready to take on a role providing support to managers in a growing company that cares about its employees, join our team immediately.
Under the authority of the Vice-President of Human Resources, the incumbent of this position acts as a front-line expert on labour relations issues and health and safety for our unionized sites in Canada.
Labour Relations Component:
- Support management teams in the interpretation of the different collective agreements.
- Ensure grievance management and when required to participate in arbitration sessions
- Participate in labour relations committees in collaboration with the management teams of the various plants
- Participate in the preparation and negotiation of the different collective agreements.
- Support HR colleagues in managing complex cases to ensure consistency in the application of labour relations.
- Accompany managers in the administration of disciplinary and administrative measures.
Health & Safety Component:
- In collaboration with our H&S Officers, manage the claims part of the workplace accident files for our unionized plants.
- Participate in the health and safety committees
Business Partner Component:
- Make human resources interventions that promote the retention of teams and employees.
- Contribute to a life-long experience that reflects Sika's values.
- Accompany managers in contexts of change that have a positive impact on their teams.
- Advising managers in the management of non-performance and dismissal files.
- Stay abreast of good human resources practices.
- Education: A bachelor's degree in Labour relations or human resources management combined with a minimum of 5 years of experience in human resources management or experience considered equivalent in a unionized environment.
- Member of l’Ordre CRHA
- Must be computer literate and willing to upgrade skills.
- To train all of Sika Canada Inc.'s position-related procedures (SMS, environment, health and safety).
- Bilingual (French and English, spoken and written).
- Knowledge of labour laws and standards. (Quebec, Ontario)
- Diplomacy, empathy, interpersonal skills, good listening skills.
- A sense of initiative, organization and priorities.
- Excellent skill for oral and written communication.
- Good conflict resolution.
- Available to travel 25% to 30% of the time (Quebec: Pointe-Claire and Boisbriand, Ontario: Brantford and Sudbury)
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Other Sika Canada Inc.'s offers that may interest you