This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of Retirement Living accommodations, and services in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs over 4000. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Support Services Attendant – Part Time
Located Orchard Court, in Kentville, NS and reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator as a part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Enhanced Care Division. The Support Services Attendant is key to supporting our clients in our sites and upholding “Shannex Philosophy of Service”.
The Support Services Attendant performs manual and machine operating tasks involving cleaning, and sanitizing resident rooms, offices, and public areas of the facility also is responsible for tasks involving sorting, washing, drying, and delivering clothing and linens to the resident units; performs related work as required.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Sweeps dusts and mops floors and stairs.
- Dusts, cleans and polishes furniture, counters, shelving, walls, and window/door ledges.
- Cleans sinks, toilets and bath facilities.
- Fills and replenishes supplies in resident rooms, nursing units, and rest rooms.
- Empties and cleans trash receptacles and places trash in compactor and/or trash pickup area.
- Sorts laundry into appropriate piles based on the type of laundry (linens, mops, personal clothing)
- Operates washing machine using proper washing formulas.
- Operates dryer and extractor; loads clean, wet laundry into the machine, sets dials so the laundry is dried or damp-dried appropriately and unloads the machine.
- Sorts clean laundry into appropriate baskets or racks; counts linen needed for each area as per linen quota and puts on cart; notes name tags on resident clothing and puts on correct rack.
- Picks up soiled laundry and delivers clean laundry to resident areas within the facility using laundry carts.
- Checks laundry for tears, holes, missing buttons, etc. and forwards clothing needing repair to the seamstress.
- Delivers clean resident clothing to resident rooms and puts in appropriate dresser and/or closet.
- Sweeps and mops the floors in laundry area and basement and cleans sorting tables with disinfectant.
- Grade 12 or GED
- The ability to work required shifts, weekends and holidays.
The following would be considered assets:
- Knowledge of the operation of commercial laundry equipment such as washers, dryers, and extractors.
- Knowledge of safe use of chemicals.
- Ability to operate commercial laundry equipment
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates responsible behaviour and attention to detail.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Previous experience in working with the clients in long-term care
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, attractive benefits plan and onsite parking.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply by October 31st, 2020.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Shannex Incorporated's offers that may interest you