This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Shannex is a family-owned Canadian company based in the Maritimes that employs over 5,000 people. With over 30 years of experience creating better ways to deliver seniors living and long-term care communities throughout Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario, Shannex offers a continuum of lifestyle options under our flagship brands Parkland™, Shannex™ and Faubourg du MascaretMD.
Bridgeview Hall is a new licensed level 3 nursing home located on the Miramichi River in Douglastown. Bridgeview Hall became home to 81 residents on June 17, 2020. Bridgeview Hall is part of Parkland on the River, a retirement community that offers a broad range of services and will offer a continuum of care to the community.
If you are resident-focused, results oriented individual who possesses strong leadership and change management skills, we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity available:
Summer Nursing Students Positions (Personal Support Workers)
Miramichi, New Brunswick
Located in Miramichi, New Brunswick, Bridgeview Hall, our Personal Support Workers are part of a professional interdisciplinary team and are key to supporting our residents and upholding Shannex’s Philosophy of Service.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Assists residents with hygiene needs and daily living activities including bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, positioning in bed, feeding and transferring.
- Assists with resident’s restorative care programs, walking and range of motion.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of resident leisure activities on a daily basis.
- Collaborates with the resident and other members of the interdisciplinary team in the development of individualized Resident Care Plan.
- Performs delegated nursing acts according to company policy and scope of practice.
- Documentation according to company policy.
- Communicates and reports relevant information regarding residents care or safety to Supervisor.
- Nursing students must have completed 1st year of Bachelor of Science Nursing program or Licensed Practical Nursing Program (clinical must be completed) or Provincial Support Worker Course;
- Confirmation of enrolment in the nursing program;
- Nursing Students should be available from June until the end of August for a variety of flexible positions;
- Ability to work shiftwork including days, nights, weekends and/or evenings;
- Commitment to work alternate weekends;
- Clear criminal record check
- Advanced proficiency level in the English language;
- Pre-employment medical form completed by a physician.
Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a competitive compensation, on-site parking, and flexible scheduling, and mobile scheduling.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
If you are looking for an exciting summer opportunity to put your clinical education to practice, please apply.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Shannex Incorporated's offers that may interest you