This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of senior’s accommodation, care and services in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs over 4,000 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
Shannex continues to grow with the addition of a new campus – Parkland Antigonish. Located in the picturesque, historical town of Antigonish, and in partnership with the Sisters of Saint Martha, Parkland Antigonish will provide a safe and modern accommodation for members of the Sisters of Saint Martha congregation. This campus will offer a full continuum of services including Hospitality and Wellness, Assisted Living and Long-Term Care service lines.
Lead Wait Staff – Full-Time
As part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Retirement Living Division, The Wait Staff is key to supporting our clients in our sites and upholding “Shannex Philosophy of Service”.
As the successful candidate, you will provide food service to all clients and guests in the dining room Martha Table according to established quality and customer service standards within our Retirement Living division.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Meal service to clients according to standards as outlined in the Culinary Services Program;
- Maintaining tidiness and cleanliness in dining room areas, wait stations and dishwasher areas;
- Maintaining a professional appearance of the dining areas including laundering and ironing of all table linens and setting tables of service according to established standards;
- Assisting in the provision of catering services for internal and external events;
- Maintaining an awareness of the specific needs of each client e.g. diet, allergies, and preferences
- High School/GED completion
- Food and Beverage service training
- Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, weekends, and holidays.
The following would be considered assets:
- Basics Fst./ Food Handlers Course
- Alzheimer’s or Other Dementias Care Course
- Previous experience working with seniors in a Retirement Living or Long-Term Care environment
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for team members where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our colleagues are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, on–site parking, and flexible scheduling.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply by October 23, 2020
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Shannex Incorporated's offers that may interest you