This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of Continuing Care accommodations, and services in the Maritimes. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs over 4,000 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity at our sites in Kentville and Greenwich, NS:
Continuing Care Assistant – Temporary Full-Time (till Dec 31, 2020)
Located in Kentville (Orchard Court ) and reporting to the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse as a part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Enhanced Care Division or Retirement Living divisions. The Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) is key to supporting our clients in our sites and upholding “Shannex Philosophy of Service”.
As the successful candidate you will provide direct personal care to our clients in accordance with their individual care plans, within the framework of Shannex policy, procedures and standards within Enhanced Care and Retirement Living facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Assists clients with hygiene needs and daily living activities including bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, positioning in bed, feeding and transferring.
- Assists with client’s restorative care programs, walking and range of motion.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of client leisure activities on a daily basis.
- Collaborates with the client and other members of the interdisciplinary team in the development of individualized Client Care Plan.
- Performs delegated nursing acts according to company policy and scope of practice.
- Documentation according to company policy.
- Communicates and reports relevant information regarding client care or safety to Supervisor.
- Continuing Care Certification or Provincial Personal Care Workers course
- Registered Nursing Student or LPN Student
- The ability to work required shifts, weekends and holidays.
The following would be considered assets:
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with electronic information systems;
- Previous experience in working with the clients in long-term care or a senior’s independent living environment.
- Alzheimer’s & other Dementia Care course, U-First training preferred.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the core values of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, on –site parking, and flexible scheduling
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply by November 30th, 2020
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Shannex Incorporated's offers that may interest you