This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply
Service Plus Aquatics Inc. is a rapidly-expanding, progressive corporation, devoted to providing exceptional service to the commercial recreational aquatic industry. Established in 1989, we are known for our leadership in design/build services, restoration and repair, and facility management, specializing in LEED design. Dedication, on-going training and a truly dynamic TEAM, combine to make this company an industry leader.
A Construction Labourer/Helper will report to the Construction Department Manager and will execute projects as directed. This is a demanding role which entails working indoors and outdoors in all types of inclement weather conditions, performing various tasks, and various projects that involve light/moderate/heavy industrial work. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Learning & applying specific trade skills relevant to demolishing/building/renovating & servicing commercial swimming pools & spas, fountains & water features (condos, hotels, fitness centers, etc).
- ceramic tile application, marbilite, painting, masonry work, cement parging, concrete tile repair, soldering and demolition, water chemistry
- Learning & operating pool automation equipment, industrial tools & industrial equipment
- Ensuring the adherence to OBC, Ontario Health Code Regulations & community by-laws
- Supporting & working with the construction department and other departments within SPA
- Applying trade specific skills daily and ongoing
- Holding reliable skill set base daily and ongoing
- Upon completion of probationary period must be willing to enroll in Apprenticeship Program leading to licensed trade certificate
- 1-3 years’ experience.
- Canadian Citizen and/or possess applicable Work Visa & S.I.N. card
- Physically fit and able to handle heavy industrial work
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent communication and listening skills (able to execute direct instructions)
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills, and attention to detail
- Technically inclined
- Flexible and adaptable, and able to champion a wide range of responsibilities
- An extremely reliable Team player, who can also work efficiently independently
- Ability to crisis manage, and problem solve effectively
- Able to take initiative and follow tasks through to completion with minimal supervision
- Must hold a High School Diploma. Post secondary diploma/degree is an asset
- Must have a valid G driver’s license & clean driver’s abstract.
- Must own a reliable vehicle.
- Must be notoriously dependable
- Must be able to work 6-day work week and very long hours during peak seasons (April to early July and mid-Aug through to end of October)
- Start times between 6:30 & 7:00 a.m.
- No lay-offs & lots of hours
- Competative Salary: 22.00$-24.00$ an hour!
- Coverage under our insurance, our WSIB and paid by direct deposit every 2 weeks
- Non-unionized environment - opportunity for cross-training and advancement.
- We promote from within and do internal postings before we advertise.
- Use of company power tools
- Uniform allowances;
- Social events for both staff and their families.
- After the 3 month probationary period we offer: paid O/T & Stat holidays, Medical/Dental benefits; Referral bonuses and Personal tool allowances.
- Fantastic TEAM!
Statement of Commitment: Service Plus Aquatics Inc. (SPA Inc.) is committed to providing a respectful, welcoming, accessible, and inclusive environment for all persons with disabilities in a way that is respectful of the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and in a manner which takes into account the person's disability and embodies the principles of integration and equal opportunity. Service Plus Aquatics Inc. is committed to becoming a barrier-free environment, and meeting the requirements of all existing legislation and its own policies and goals related to identifying, removing and preventing barriers to people with disabilities that might interfere with their ability to interact with our Firm. Service Plus Aquatics Inc. ensures that all persons within its community are aware of their rights and responsibilities to foster an accessible and inclusive environment with and for persons with disabilities. Service Plus Aquatics Inc. is committed to, and will strive to ensure that, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, its regulations, standards and all other relevant legislation concerning accessibility, are rigorously observed in a timely fashion.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
En : Intermediate
En : Intermediate
Employee referral bonus
Long-term disability insurance
Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Other Service Plus Aquatics Inc.'s offers that may interest you