This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job ID: 185002
Location Name: ON-FSC Toronto Off (0581)
Address: 5560 Explorer Drive, 2nd Floor, Toronto, ON L4W 5M3, Canada (CA)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Contract
Job Function: Merchandising
At Sephora Canada, we’re passionate about finding and sharing beauty in the world. Our constant innovation, our ability to see and lead trends, and our focus on providing an outstanding customer experience make us the most-loved beauty community and top of mind for every Canadian.
We find beauty in our communities, in our differences, our experiences, and in the spirit of our employees.
ABOUT THE MERCHANDISING TEAM:
We partner with luxury brands who create the products our clients crave, sometimes even before they know it. Merchandising at Sephora is all about defining what beauty means for Canadians today... and tomorrow. Our team of trendsetters and brand builders constantly creates original brands, develops new product categories and starts trends. Some of next season’s most in-demand items may not even exist yet, but you’ll see them here first!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As the Merchant, you will develop and execute the strategy for the Colour category at Sephora. This includes developing and implementing the department objectives, brand strategies, client needs, and visual presentation within the category; as well as establish and maintain excellent relationships with vendors, negotiating and managing assortments and seasonal products, managing compliance with the government standards, and maintaining consistency with the US strategy. You will also be responsible for achieving the financial and strategic goals of the category including sales, gross margin, weeks of supply and stock turnover.
- Develop and execute the overall strategy for growth and pricing with new product introductions and strategic expansion of current brands
- Develop and manage brand relationships, terms negotiations, including margin, testers/damages, training support, co-op, RTVs, samples
- Develop and manage assortment and plan promotions, launches, animations for brands within category strategy
- Analyze and manage all elements of a category to identify areas of opportunity
- Source and develop new brands that fill an important need gap within the category
- Interpret and communicate management direction to team members within the business unit to ensure that each initiative is developed within the desired timeline
- Communicate brand and business opportunities to stores
- Manage fixture/planogram planning and implementation with internal partners
- Plan promotions, launches, animations, and marketing activities with internal partners
- Establish strong partnership with US Team and ensure Canada’s perspective and needs are voiced
- Communicate and partner with the Education Team to develop and execute Brand training needs, and provide in-store support as required
- Work closely in partnership with Planner to ensure Brand objectives are appropriately aligned to inventory investment; manage brand fill rate and P.O. fulfillment with the inventory management team
- Foster a work environment that embodies the Sephora values
- Ensure accurate assortments are posted on Stores Intranet, and communicates with the stores when needed to fully support them
- Follow-up of Health Canada regulations and product registration process to aid in the management of new product registration in order to determine compliance
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in retail management (or a related field) - an MBA would be a huge bonus
- You're an experienced buyer/merchandiser/planner with at least 5 years' in the retail space
- You are a creative thinker who is willing to take calculated risks with an ability to seek out new opportunities to grow the business
- You love product (beauty is your jam!), understand consumer trends and behaviour, and inspire fearlessness in everything that you do
- You're curious, a go-getter and take ownership and responsibility for your work
- You love tackling problems and using your analytical skills to find solutions.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and relish in working collaboratively with cross-functional groups.
- You've mastered the art of communication and negotiation
- You're technically savvy and know your way around Excel
- You understand the Canadian marketplace and corresponding vendor organization
- You have some knowledge of the Canadian cosmetic industry and corresponding Health Canada regulations and requirements for product compliance in Canada
- Fluently bilingual in both French and English (written and spoken) is an asset
- Up to 25% travel required
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE:
- You’ll be part of a unique culture and family of passionate and inspiring individuals.
- You’ll work alongside the best talent in the industry - people you’ll be proud to work with.
- You’ll have access to the global community of luxury group LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy) for endless career opportunities.
- You’ll have the opportunity to be part of a community that drives meaningful social and environmental change and receive matching donations to support your charitable giving.
- Benefits you can mix and match, depending on your needs.
- Employee Assistance Program services for those times you need extra support.
- Holidays, time off, summer hours and flexibility to support work-life balance.
- And of course, there’s our incredible swag - free product gifts throughout the year and tons of discounts with our brand partners.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Sephora Canada inc.'s offers that may interest you