Commercial Accelerate New Graduate Program - Global Risk Management - Quebec
- Salary To be discussed
- Published on January 17th, 2023
As soon as possible
Requisition ID: 171040
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Commercial Accelerate New Grad Program (May & September 2023 Start)
Who Are We?
Scotiabank’s Commercial Banking professionals are committed to delivering advice and solutions to our customers. You will be a trusted commercial accelerate analyst, with the responsibility to learn commercial banking and the adjudication process within the Bank’s risk selection parameters. As well contributing to the growth and quality of the Bank’ Commercial Credit Portfolio. Team players with a client-centric approach and a winning mindset will thrive in our flexible, growth-oriented environment, and our one-of-a-kind people-first culture.
Your Career as a CAP Program Associate:
Are you looking to accelerate your career in a fast-paced, and collaborative environment? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you! The Commercial Accelerate Program has been designed to develop the Commercial Bankers of tomorrow! Our 9 - 12 month rotational program provides the coach-supported opportunities you need to learn, practice, and apply the skills required to succeed as a Commercial Banker in the fast-paced world of business banking. Each rotation will give you hands-on experience and with a different Commercial Banking business line.
We instill a winning culture and prioritize the continuous development, education, and wellness of our people. The Commercial Accelerate Program - GRM (Global Risk Management) offers unique rotations within areas such as Mid-Market Distribution and Global Risk Management. The Commercial Accelerate Program has a dedicated Senior Program Manager who provides individual mentorship, coaching, and development to ensure a successful transition in and out of rotations and prepares you to launch your career as a Commercial Banker following completion of the program.
Through the Commercial Accelerate program, you will gain the following skills to support your successful transition into an exceptional Commercial Banker:
- Advanced understanding of Bank lending policies and procedures, financial analysis, risk assessment techniques, credit structuring, collateral and security documentation and registration, collection, related legislation and accounting practices.
- Good understanding of the Bank’s operating policies and procedures
- Being an adjudicator is a key role that will allow you to be exposed to several stakeholders within the Bank and start your career at the Bank on solid technical base.
After successfully graduating from the program, our Senior Program Manager will work with you to identify a challenging and competitive position within Global Risk Management
Learning & Development
The Commercial Accelerate Program will provide you with a thorough foundation of Commercial Banking through:
- Mentorship - we are passionate about your success and, in addition to the support provided by your Program Manager, you will also have a Peer Mentor, Rotation Trainer, and a Business Line Mentor to support your development.
- Analytical Training- This will include financial analysis, products & services, tools & technology.
As part of the Commercial Accelerate Program within Global Risk Management, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring credit applications are adjudicated promptly, within the Bank’s risk selection parameters.
- Oversees an assigned portfolio, monitors unsatisfactory trends in risk ratings, credit conditions, overdue reporting, annual reviews etc., and initiates corrective action.
- Liaise with business partners in Commercial, Professional, and Private Banking (as required) to maintain open communication to ensure Scotia service levels are provided to internal customers.
- Participates in projects to ensure better efficiencies and uniformity/transparency to existing processes and procedures.
- Contributes to the profitable growth and quality of the Bank’s Commercial Credit portfolio within assigned Region.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for superstars that have both strong financial acumen and a passion for people!
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, in order to produce informative, concise and professional credit replies, presentations and correspondence
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work effectively and efficiently
- Natural curiosity and strong problem resolution skills.
Other things we look for:
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Commerce, Finance, or Accounting-related disciplines to be completed no later than 2023.
- MBA and graduate degree applicants are welcome.
- A genuine interest and passion for Commercial Banking.
- A high level of energy and a keen desire to learn new concepts.
- High level of financial literacy with an understanding of financial statements, credit terms, conditions, and relationships.
- The ability to operate in a fast-paced, agile, and constantly changing environment.
- Experience in providing customer needs-based advice and solutions is strongly preferred.
The Commercial Accelerate Program has been designed to develop better Business Bankers across the country. We always do our best to accommodate post-program placement preferences, however, all program participants must be willing to relocate within their region if required. Upon completion of the program, placement opportunities will be dependent on business and operational needs.
How do I apply?
For students applying to one of our TILT New Grad programs we do not require resumes! Instead we ask that as part of your application, you complete the below:
- Complete your PLUM Profile here and save as a screenshot.
- Apply to the role through our career site! When the application asks for your resume, instead upload a screenshot of your past plum results.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Quebec
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: ''for every future'', we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal reference No.
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you