This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 98365
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Provides strategic direction, leadership, governance and oversight for Employee and Labour Relations globally ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are supported in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Leads and drives global ER/LR case management practices, data reporting and trend analysis for delivery to Global HR, business leaders, executives and the Board of Directors, designed to inform and influence policy and program development.
- Partners with Business HR, business leaders, the Employment Law Group and Country Legal teams to understand workplace policy and program needs.
- Leads and drives a Community of Expertise for employee and labour relations and other workplace related policies, including internal and external analysis and policy/program/practice development and implementation.
- Maintains knowledge and subject matter expertise of leading ER/LR trends, practices and regulatory requirements on a global basis. Researches and integrates external best practices to support the global employee relations and labour relations mandate.
- Leads and drives a team of Employee Relations professionals accountable for providing employees and people managers with day-to-day guidance and in leading the investigation and resolution of medium to high risk workplace issues. This may also include support for large scale initiatives - e.g. unit closures, restructures.
- Leads and drives a team of Labour Relations professionals accountable for labour negotiations on a global basis
- Directs day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank’s risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits. Communicates the Bank’s risk culture and risk appetite statement throughout their teams.
- Creates an environment in which team members pursue effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team. Builds an internal ER/LR community of practice, continued education & skill training and best practices.
Education and Experience:
- Law degree, e.g. LL.B or J.D. or international equivalent
- Extensive education, experience and exposure to employee relations, workplace issues management, labour relations and union negotiations on a global basis at large, complex organizations
- Working knowledge of financial institutions and related businesses; strong understanding of regulatory and compliance matters
- Spanish and English language skills required - written and verbal; French language skills considered an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you