This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 108044
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of Canadian Business Banking, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities are conducted in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Sr. Client Service Associate “Sr CSA” provides the National Director and Senior Manager, Indigenous Financial Services, Canadian Business Banking with support needed to service client requirements and new asks. This will include coordinating efforts with internal partners and directly reaching out to clients to address various activities such as resolution of escalated client challenges, collection/processing of financial reporting, diligence for credit needs, satisfaction of funding requirements and onboarding needs. The role is specific to servicing of the Indigenous Financial Services segment in Canadian Business Banking.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Working closely with National Director and Senior Manager, Indigenous Financial Services, the Senior Client Service Associate is responsible for providing the following services to a portfolio of existing and prospective clients:
Mortgage application review. Analyzes the viability of mortgage applications with complex collateral restrictions. Provides quality decisions to minimize losses and improve profitability on accounts by effectively analyzing mortgage applications to diagnose type and cause of issues which exposes the Bank to higher risk.
Market research. Leads the investigation of market opportunities through directed research involving Indigenous communities and businesses. Supports partners through timely prospect and market research that allows Indigenous businesses and communities to better leverage existing assets, programs and corporate structures.
Product development. Works with Indigenous market lead to develop and execute innovative products for Indigenous clients in areas of small business, commercial and wealth. Demonstrates effective leadership, problem solving and relationship building skills while balancing operational effectiveness and expectations of our customer base.
Fulfilment: Coordinating efforts with the client and various internal partners (eg. Adjudication Centre of Expertise, EDDU, CRA, GBM) to ensure loan funding and business account openings are fulfilled as per customer expectations.
- Provide status information on the progress of various fulfilment, KYC, AML onboarding and service requests and ensure bottlenecks or delays are promptly escalated with a plan to resolve
- Look for opportunities to make suggestions to continually improve processes and client satisfaction metrics. This may include actioning feedback received directly from clients or through client satisfaction vehicles such as the Pulse
- Champion and support a culture of diversity and other initiatives aligned with the Bank strategy
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
The Sr. Client Service Associate will be responsible for supporting the management and administration of the on-reserve leasehold financing program in the Real Estate Secured Lending segments of Canadian Business Banking.
The clients being serviced are in Canada and within Indigenous communities. Borrowing Clients typically have complex to sophisticated financial solutions.
Strong organizational skills are necessary to manage significant data from multiple sources and balance various tasks from client service administration to borrower reporting processing to credit related support.
The Sr. Client Service Associate will typically receive requests from the National Director, Indigenous Financial Services or members of the Real Estate Secured Lending team but may also at times be requested to support Directors & Group Lead and Vice Presidents in Canadian Business Banking.
The Sr. Client Service Associate will interact primarily with the following partners: Real Estate Secured Lending, Home Finance Advisors, Scotia Mortgage Authority, Adjudication Centre of Expertise, Global Risk Management, the Business Service Center, Enhanced Due Diligence Unit CRA, but could include other partners as well as the Canadian Business Banking Executive Office.
The Sr. Client Service Associate will also interact with external parties such as Solicitors, Professional Service Providers and External Bank Groups.
The Sr. Client Service Associate continually works with clients providing service consistent with Scotia Service Standards, Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures. The Sr. Client Service Associate looks for opportunities to promote the sale of bank product and services.
The environment is fast paced and demanding and will at times require priorities be re-adjusted to accommodate urgent requests.
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
- University/College degree with Finance, Law, Indigenous Studies or Other Business Specialty background, or equivalent work experience
- Commitment to participate in other training requirements as determined by the Bank from time to time
- Strong commitment to excellent client service and ability to work with clients to resolve issues in an amicable and prompt manner
- Strong interest in working with Indigenous communities, businesses and peoples
- Previous Retail Banking and/or real estate experience considered an asset
- Customer service experience, demonstrated commitment to providing quality customer service
- Strong organizational skills to co-ordinate and prioritize a number of concurrent requests from different Client Relationship Managers
- Strong interpersonal skills to obtain agreements within Canadian Business Banking and partners
- Strong written and verbal skills with proven ability to engage stakeholders and clients
- Strong knowledge of Financial Statements and credit analysis
- Strong knowledge of credit structures and applicable risk management
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (in particular Excel)
- A high degree of flexibility to adapt to a wide variety of tasks
- Strong commitment to accuracy, customer focus and results focus
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. No travel
Location(s): Vancouver || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : Alberta : Edmonton || Canada : British Columbia : Abbotsford || Canada : British Columbia : Burnaby || Canada : British Columbia : Kamloops || Canada : British Columbia : Kelowna || Canada : British Columbia : Langley || Canada : British Columbia : North Vancouver || Canada : British Columbia : Prince George || Canada : British Columbia : Richmond || Canada : British Columbia : Surrey || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : British Columbia : West Vancouver || Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Saskatchewan : Regina || Canada : Saskatchewan : Saskatoon
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: ''for every future'', we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you