This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 105907
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank is changing the way we think about software development and how we manage and maintain a complex, mission critical technology portfolio, while allowing for growth and differentiation in a highly competitive environment. We are looking for a talented Solution Architect who can help us transform the way we manage content within our organization; supporting the overall design and implementation of a Global Records and Information Management (RIM) Program. You will help to ensure we are building a cohesive, future forward bank that leverages enterprise technology assets and best practices surrounding the use of modern software development, deployment and operations principles. Clear, professional communication with peers, clients, executives and supporting team representatives is paramount for the position. Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Content Solutions, the Solution Architect will be responsible for leading the technical remediation of applications that are not determined to be meeting the Record and Information Management Requirements.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of strategic business plans that will be used to create business visions and objectives
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the RIM / Content Management Reference Architecture
- Partner with technology teams globally to provide recommendations on how to resolve any capability gaps within systems.
- Develop and maintain an aspirational architectural road map for RIM
- Initiate and deliver technology evaluations and recommendations to modernize BNS Applications
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of IT industry best practices, technologies, architectures and emerging technologies in the Content Management space
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 10+ years of software engineering industry experience.
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- 5+ Experience working in the Content Management / Record Information domain
- Experience with structured Enterprise Architecture practices, hybrid cloud deployments, and on-premise to-cloud migration deployments and roadmaps.
- Experience building, architecting, designing, and implementing highly distributed global based systems. Experience in network infrastructure, security, data, or application development.
- Knowledge of technology solutions and ability to learn and work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
- Experience in modernizing legacy systems or similar transformational initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills with the ability to build and foster relationships with business partners, project stakeholders, strategic technology partners and external vendors.
- Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries, build relationships, and achieve broader organizational goals.
- Must be flexible and ready to adapt to a dynamic environment.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: ''for every future'', we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you