This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 106902
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
GWMS - Portfolio Management team is responsible for driving the technology solution implementations to support the bank’s wealth portfolio management business. This team is undertaking a major modernization initiative providing an exciting opportunity for those who are willing to gain invaluable work experience in wealth technology. By joining us, you will be entraining on a journey of professional and personal development!
The Software Developer will play a key role on the team by participating in exciting wealth technology initiatives. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, the software developer will work closely with talented peers, leads from cross functional teams and architects to understand development requirements and come up with best ways to achieve the solution. This is technical role which needs strong engineering acumen with an eye on performance and good code quality.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
• Design, develop, test and implement complex software applications for our wealth management business
• Perform object data modeling and analysis
• Actively participate in code review and test solutions to ensure the code meets best practice specifications
• Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of wealth management applications and interfaces with current banking systems
• Participate in reviews of wealth management applications, both in-house built systems and vendor applications
• Actively participate in the systems implementation process
What You Will Bring to Succeed
• 3+ years of experience in planning, designing, developing and delivering solutions using experience in core Java, Spring (Spring Core, Spring Batch, Spring MVC, Spring Boot)
• Good experience in designing and deploying RESTful APIs using JSON message structures
• Good hands-on experience with MS SQL and any other databases
• Experience with Linux/Unix shell scripting
• Experience with CI Tools like Confluence, JIRA, BitBucket, Jenkins, Gradle
• Experience in development of wealth management applications (e.g. Charles River, PureFacts etc.) is an asset
• Experience in designing and deploying cloud-based applications is an asset
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: ''for every future'', we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you