This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 107601
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Global Fixed Income Team is looking for an energetic and result-oriented senior Developer to work on custom applications integrating into existing ION platform using vendor API.
Candidate needs to be proficient with functional programming with Scala or Java (functional features of Java 8 or above). The successful candidate must have solid hands-on expertise in building complex real-time applications and possess a good understanding of capital markets and products.
Experience with streaming/messaging technologies (Solace, Kafka, etc.) will be considered an advantage, as will knowledge of Capital Markets systems. Candidate will be expected to understand and formulate requirements, and co-ordinate with several business lines and other technology groups.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in enterprise application development using functional programming in Scala or Java
- Experience with Messaging Bus technologies like MQ, JMS, Solace, or Kafka
- Experience with SQL and/or other query languages and DB design; experience with tick DB (eg. KDB) would be a strong advantage
- Knowledge of Capital Markets processes and products
- Previous experience with FIX protocol and Quickfix/J
- Previous experience with ION trading systems will be considered a strong asset
- Good working knowledge of design patterns and best practices
- Hands-on Experience with DevOps practices and pipelines would be an asset
- Must be familiar within Linux and Windows
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be a team player.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: ''for every future'', we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you