This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 91617
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Leads and oversees Lending Services’ Credit and Income departments of Scotia Dealer Advantage in the non-prime auto finance market in Canada ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Individual acts as the escalation point for high profile and complex applications, and frequently communicate with internal partners and external customers on strategic matters or escalations from their team.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Supports business plans, and business objectives for both Credit and Income departments by: ensuring staffing levels across the departments are at optimum levels to support effective and efficient service delivery; establishing metrics for the department in consultation with the Director; ensuring all team members clearly understand what is expected of them; reviewing and reporting results monthly, and ensuring timely escalation of issues/obstacles/trends to the Director with recommendations/solutions; directs team to effectively analyze application information and associated documents while ensuring consistent application of policies and processes.
- Manages the day-to-day workflow to ensure sound and timely due diligence in loan underwriting by: monitoring the flow of dealer loan applications to ensure the Managers Credit are properly and accurately monitoring the credit worthiness of potential customer loans; overseeing the credit review process for loan applications in the department; expediting the approval or recommendation of loan application exceptions referred to GRM ACE.
- Manages the day-to-day workflow to ensure sound and timely due diligence in verification of income by: monitoring the flow of income submissions to ensure the Manager Income is properly and accurately monitoring the exception and escalation of incomes to Credit; overseeing the income review process for the department; expediting the approval or recommendation of income exceptions referred to GRM ACE.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team
- Completion of a post-secondary education preferred
- Significant previous experience in credit risk assessment or credit risk management.
- Strong data analysis in order to determine trends and staff planning as well as to provide feedback to Directors.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Direct experience in prime or non-prime financing preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, credit decisioning and loan application software
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Limited travel nationally may be required
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Hamilton
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you