This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 90731
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Scotiabank’s Data Centre Network Services team is responsible for level 3 support and project deployments, both on premise Data Centres and the Cloud, to support the digital transformation of the Bank’s global network. We are responsible for supporting and deploying new technologies, following best practices, and consulting and coordinating with the Bank’s many technology teams with the aim of providing a highly resilient network as the underlying core of the Bank’s technology infrastructure. As part of the larger Global Network Services team, there is involvement in end-to-end network connectivity and solutioning for data centre network services, campus and remote office integrations as well as perimeter security network technologies.
Reporting to a Senior Manager, Data Centre Network Services, you will play a critical part in helping the team support the various technologies within our Global Network. You will be expected to be a part of the teams’ rotational on call duties and, when required, be a part of after-hours project deployments in the evenings or weekends.
Is this role right for you?
- You are eager to work with leading edge technologies to incorporate complex network solutions, as well as work with other technology teams to contribute to an overall solution.
- You thrive on being hands-on during mid to complex project deployments into production. This will include the support of assigned systems by acting as an internal consultant on assigned infrastructure and providing suggestions for viable solutions to systems problems of high complexity.
- You want to be challenged with complex problem solving in time sensitive situations to reduce system downtime and customer impact.
- You understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- You are highly interested in software-defined Data Centre technologies like Cisco ACI and VMWare NSX and want to help drive the road-map and adoption within a large-scale enterprise network.
- You are interested in getting in on the Cloud floor as the team gets more hands on with the network in the Public Cloud, including environments like Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure and IBM SoftLayer.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have 6+ years of hands-on technical working experience in supporting, deploying and interconnecting various network technologies at an enterprise scale.
- You have 6+ years of hands-on technical working experience with various Cisco, Fortinet, F5, Infoblox at an enterprise level capacity.
- You have 2+ years of hands-on technical working experience with various Public Cloud (Azure & GCP preferred) environments, in a network related capacity.
- You have 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience with Wired and Wireless 802.1x Network Authentication using Cisco ISE.
You have 2+ years of hands-n experience in network automation with some of the below skill sets:
- Python experience
- Familiar with some of the following libraries (flask-restful, flask blueprint, netmiko/paramiko/napalm, requests, regular expressions and json/yaml)
- Familiar with object-oriented python programming (rest api endpoint, api authentication protection, async programming, multi-threading)
- Familiar with GIT protocol (Bitbucket server, Git branching model etc
What's in it for you?
- While our focus is on finding someone to strengthen our team’s technical bench on cloud and software defined data centre technologies, we’re part of a global team with a mandate covering the entire network. As a team we can explore and work with an extensive variety of network technologies.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
While we are currently working remotely from home, you can expect the following when we return to work at our primary office in Scarborough
- Freshly renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology. Onsite cafeteria plus complimentary hot beverage stations in the workplace.
- Minutes by TTC bus from Warden subway station on Line 2. Free employee shuttle service connecting the IT campus with nearby GO stations. 2022 opening of the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit with the Birchmount stop by our IT campus.
- Minutes from the 401 & DVP. Free onsite & offsite employee parking with charging stations for electric vehicles onsite
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you