This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 97724
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
About the role:
Software Engineer will have 5+ years of hands-on experience in application design, development, and operations that leverage such technologies as Kafka, Java 8, SpringBoot, RESTful services, Microservices, Messaging middleware technologies such as JMS, MQ, Cloud technologies - IaaS and PaaS, Jenkins and Grade/Maven for EVENT LAYER
What we are looking for?
- Work closely with Product Owner and other SMEs to interpret requirements and translate them to software solutions.
- Ensure delivery of negotiated product/function while following standards and methodologies. This includes the design, development, and unit testing of solutions using Java, SpringBoot, RESTful services and a variety of Microservices.
- Create and maintain detailed design documents as well as supporting the lifecycle of those documents.
- Build and test integration software solutions.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and performance.
- Participate in technical meetings with client's technical specialists.
- Provide support for testing efforts and defect resolution.
- Level 3 support responsibilities are included as well.
Are you the right person for the role?
- Solid technical experience developing and supporting applications using technologies such as Kafka, Java, SpringBoot, RESTful services, No SQL databases, and Microservices in cloud
- Experience designing and developing applications and reusable components using a service-oriented architecture.
- Working knowledge of Confluent Cloud - Kafka in Azure and/or GCP
- Build applications in GCP and Azure
- Set up and Operate Kafka Clusters- Brokers, Zookeepers, Connect,
- Working knowledge of Kafka SMTs, KStreams, KSQLDB, Schema Registry, KAFKA producers and consumers
- KAFKA Monitoring and alerting using C3, Dynatrace and Splunk
- Working knowledge of Docker and setting up and operating containers
- Must be familiar with DevOps software engineering culture and practice.
- Build and deploy pipelines for CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Gradle/Maven, BitBucket)
- Operate Microservices using Java Spring Boot in GCP and Azure
- Expertise in Unix Shell, Python and Ansible scripting
- Knowledge and experience in securing data both in transit and at rest (data encryption, PKI, TLS, HTTPS)
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes is an asset
- Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
- Minimal educational requirements are a bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering/mathematics discipline.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you