This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 98177
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
Senior DevOps Specialist
The Sr Dev Op’s Specialist will be working to extend the release automation and deployment capabilities across a diverse set of Java based enterprise applications, including but not limited to running source control management in Git through automated build and packaging using Jenkins pipelines, automated deployment and test execution, to automation and provisioning of Cloud-Based environments based on Kubernetes (both Linux and Windows). The DevOps Specialist is primary responsible for automating and maintaining CI/CD pipeline and CI environments. The person ensures all activities conducted follow governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
In addition to hands-on development experience and breadth of technical skills, the right candidate will also have a good understanding of current best practices, configuration management, and deployment automation.
A successful candidate for this position should be passionate about good processes and best development practices. She/he must be comfortable working independently as well as being part of a collaborative environment.
Must enjoy the daily challenges associated with enterprise-level software development; must have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn about our industry and customer requirements. Must be an adept problem solver and thrive in a fast-paced environment offering rich learning opportunities.
Is this role right for you?
- Proficient in knowledge of technologies and processes like Agile Software Delivery, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, DevOps, GitOps, Cloud Native Technologies including Docker Containers and Kubernetes, and Deployment Automation & Orchestration.
- Maintain a technical proficiency with respect to programming languages, scripts and processes to ensure that Tangerine is well positioned for technological advances in the marketplace.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (GCP and GKE).
- Assist/support developers troubleshooting efforts of applications in development environments. Timely resolution/investigation of deployments and development environments issues.
- Maintain and manage the non-Production environments to ensure stability and uptime.
- Develop Jenkins CICD pipelines-as-code to run and maintain non-Production environments to ensure stability and uptime.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Tangerine’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of related experience
- Previous exposure to the banking industry/financial services is preferred
- Experience with industry best practices standards (ITIL, DevOps, CMMI and others)
- Strong development background
- Understanding of Tangerine banking systems and processes
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Expert in DevOps, Agile methodologies
- Proficiency in CI/CD delivery model
- Competent in tools required to automate CI/CD pipeline- Jenkins pipelines, GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Artifactory, Docker Containers, Kubernetes, Helm, Ansible, and Slack.
- Well versed in development lifecycle and object-oriented development methodologies
- Competent in Version Control (Git/GitHub), Continuous Integration Tools (like Jenkins), Defect Management Tools (like Jira)
- Groovy, ANT/Maven/Gradle scripting, AIX/Linux, Windows, WebSphere Application Server, IBM Rational Application Developer or Eclipse Platform, IntelliJ IDEA, Banking systems and their integration, Web Services, Microservices, SpringBoot, Tomcat/Jetty
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio and MS Project)
- Competent in enterprise application delivery and design techniques, including release and source code branching strategies
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in Automation
- Web design experience
- Excellent documentation skills
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- Currently all our teams are working fully remotely
- Remote work continuation to be considered post pandemic
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), vacation, personal & sick days, paternity/maternity leave, medical, vision and dental benefits and much more
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you