This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 107642
As a cornerstone business within Scotia Wealth Management®, ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on service excellence and trusted investment advice. Our advisors and teams pride themselves on exploring innovative approaches to protecting and growing their clients' assets.
When you join ScotiaMcLeod, you’ll be empowered to deliver Enriched Thinking®, a unique approach that incorporates your client’s thinking, as well as our thinking, to drive results. You’ll work with a team of specialists to deliver a client-centric approach to wealth management, enabling you to consider all the facets of your client’s life, family and business. With a focus on total wealth planning, and wealth specialists to help you deliver on this unique value proposition, you’ll be enabling clients to see not just the big picture, but all the little ones too.
Purpose of Job: The Senior Associate’s primary purpose is to work closely with the Chairman's Council Advisor team in the management of the book of business by providing effective client service and execution of business development and/or sales related activities.
1. Generate sales or revenue building ideas by:
· Utilizing an in-depth knowledge of products and services to gain maximum value from existing clients.
· Identifying opportunities to gather additional assets and/or increase revenue within the existing client base and present to the Advisor (i.e. referrals, consolidation of assets, insurance, etc…)
· Managing the execution of New Issue recommendations on behalf of the Advisor
· Managing the execution of transactions on behalf of the Advisor
· Assisting Advisor in development, preparation and presentation of annual business plan.
2. Ensure a high level of client service by:
· Preparing, analyzing, and presenting to the Advisor for review. (i.e. reports and recommendations, financial plans/concepts, insurance, annual trading summary etc)
· Adhering to all firm and regulatory policies by remaining up to date with all the regulatory rules and trading activities as it relates to a client’s account and ensuring that any client interaction is accurately documented.
· Providing recommendations for improvement to business processes, additional value to clients, utilization of our Team of Experts, etc).
3. Ensure effective client administration by:
· Following up with clients on missing documentation required as per the industry regulatory requirements
· Maintaining client files and information of the appropriate systems.
· Checking daily trades and all system entries in accounts for timelines and accuracy
· Responding to client inquiries in a timely, responsive manner by
· Resolving issues and effecting client transactions expeditiously and accurately, escalating issues to Advisor when appropriate.
· Issue instructions for client withdrawals, deposits, swaps and transfers according to client or Advisor's instructions
· Reviewing processes to improve administrative efficiencies
4. Support the Advisor by:
· Entering client trades
· Ensuring the suitability of client recommendations, and that they are in line with the clients’ financial goals, objectives and risk tolerance
· Understanding client profiles and that the Advisor’s investment strategy being used to implement client objectives.
· Ensuring non-solicited trades meet the client risk tolerance
5. Contribute to the effective functioning of the branch team by:
· Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business line and corporate function contacts
· Maintaining a high level of customer service
· Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication
· Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings
· Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches
· Actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
· Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
· Acting as a mentor to junior colleagues and taking a leadership role within the branch
· 2 years of Industry Experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Understanding of industry and firm compliance regulations
· Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
· Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH)
· Wealth Management Essentials (WME) prior to enrolling in Registered Representative Training
· Registered Representative Training (RRT)
· Licensing as required by the Advisor’s business
· Completed the Senior Associate (RR Only Licensing) Training Program and be granted regulatory approval to be licensed as a Registered Representative.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Oakville
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: ''for every future'', we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you