This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 90723
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
ScotiaMcLeod is part of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) division of Scotiabank and a division of Scotia Capital Inc. ScotiaMcLeod offers full-service advice and a full spectrum of investment products and services through 750 advisors to over 150,000 households across Canada.
ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on our standards of excellence, quality service and a commitment to doing what's right for our clients.
At ScotiaMcLeod, we pride ourselves on the strong team we have developed to support the Wealth Advisors. In addition to traditional administrative support, we also have a number of licensed roles to assist the advisors with their clients, with their individual marketing, and with the growth and development of their businesses. ScotiaMcLeod provides both internal training as well as financial assistance for external courses to support and encourage career path progression for our employees.
As part of Scotiabank, you will see the many benefits of working for an employer of choice - one that reflects the community and one that attracts and retains talent from diverse backgrounds. We encourage open communication, recognize and reward performance, and provide opportunity for growth. Here you will find a workplace enriched with strong relationships, teamwork, contagious enthusiasm and a ''can-do'' attitude.
Purpose of Job: The Assistant BA is responsible for supporting the Branch Management Team in ensuring a high level of success is achieved through effective operations and administrative efficiencies. This position may also be required to act as back up to the Branch Systems Administrator.
1. Assist in the management of branch support staff by:
• Resolving escalated issues
• Providing ongoing employee recognition
• Acting as a resource to provide information, contacts and direction for questions and escalations
2. Assist the Branch Management Team by:
• Completing all administrative duties, including filing, storage and report distribution
• Processing all expenses and following up on outstanding issues
• Building spreadsheets and maintaining databases as necessary
• Running or assisting management with New Issues
• Compiling documentation regarding compliance issues
• Co-ordinating and tracking daily and monthly supervision requests as directed by Branch Manager
• Maintaining compliance spreadsheets (Insider and Control Block, etc)
• Completing and submitting the Monthly Error Report
• Maintaining the Branch Research Distribution System
• Assisting with the execution and implementation of procedures to ensure compliance with corporate policies and industry regulations
• Administering the branch client account (house accounts)
• Co-ordinating building facilities maintenance
• Scheduling branch meetings, including external speakers
• Assisting with interviews of support staff
• Ensuring the quality and efficiency of branch operations
• Onboarding of new experienced Advisors and their teams, by acting as a resource and liaison
• Working to resolve any issues on systems that have been escalated by Branch Systems Administrator (BSA)
3. Contribute to the effective functioning of the branch team by:
• Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business line and corporate function contacts
• Maintaining a high level of customer service
• Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication
• Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings
• Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches
• Actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
• Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to multi task
• Knowledge of Microsoft systems: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Previous industry experience
• Post secondary education
Work independently on specific tasks, ability to prioritize where required and escalate when necessary
• Cheque signing authority as co-signatory as required
• The role operates within a standard office environment.
• The branch is a fast paced often high stress environment often with conflicting demands.
Location(s): Canada : Saskatchewan : Regina
ScotiaMcLeod and Scotiabank are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you