This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 107684
Cost Centre: [[costCenter]]
Employee Referral Program - Potential Reward:
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
GBM Onboarding Analyst Co-op
Fall 2021 (September to December)
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services.
This is a place where you’ll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we’re passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy.
Who We Are?
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Your Work Term At-A-Glance:
During your internship you will support the Global Banking Markets Onboarding team including those related to client and operations data, KYC/AML, Sanctions, and other regulatory frameworks impacting our Canadian-booked business. You will support the Associate Director, Onboarding on various tasks, including data analysis, production of metrics and management reporting, as well as with the implementation of business process and technology changes.
- Assist in the development/improvement of regular MIS and ad hoc reporting from customer and operations data.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends in complex data sets that pertain to client and regulatory data.
- Identify and define process improvement opportunities that pertain to operational processes
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of both the Bank’s and the Division's business strategies.
- Meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Take on ad-hoc tasks as assigned
This role is for you if you are/have:
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Visual Basic for Applications ( VBA) and Business Intelligence reporting tools is an asset (e.g., Tableau and other visualization tools).
- Knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments
- Creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with excellent analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently and quickly resolve complex business problems that are multi-dimensional and often unstructured / without precedent.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain co-operation from a multitude of stakeholders, including: business users, technology and operations partners, compliance, and management.
This this internship will offer you an excellent opportunity for learning and personal development, especially to those who wish to gain exposure to global capital markets, investment banking, corporate banking and their related technologies.
Throughout your term you’ll also have access to skill-building modules, as well as challenging work-integrated learnings - all of which come together to create a stimulating environment where you will have the chance to thrive. We want you to be a sponge and take it all in, bring your great attitude, always be authentic, and own every opportunity that comes your way. This is your time to shine.
- All interested applicants must be enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution. As part of Scotiabank’s co-op/internship program requirements, we will confirm with your school that you are enrolled.
- All interested applicants must ensure to submit the most recent copy of your school transcripts to be considered.
How to apply:
For students, we are focused on learning about who you are and what you’re interested in to uncover your true potential. In short, we don’t believe resumes will provide us with an accurate depiction of what you’re truly about to properly assess your potential. Instead we want to get to know YOU and hear about the experiences that have shaped you. We know… this might sound crazy but for students applying to one of our co-ops, internships or TILT new grad programs we are no longer requiring resumes. Instead we ask that as part of your application, you complete the below:
1. Complete your PLUM Profile: http://bit.ly/2LrnflD
2. Complete a short one-way video interview: https://ca.rivs.com/28-88-64/
3. Apply to the role through our career site! When the application asks for your resume, instead upload a screenshot of your plum to show us you’ve completed it, we have full access to your entire profile from Plum and won’t use the screenshot but it’s a great reminder for each of you to have completed it. Alternatively you can submit a resume if you want, we just will not be relying on it when we assess you.
Candidates are invited to submit their Plum profile in a single PDF to the resume section ONLY. The link to the video interview is labelled GBM2021. Any link with this label means only have to complete this video once.
We thank all candidates; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: ''for every future'', we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you