This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 92273
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
This role will be responsible for managing the critical or important contracts within the Business Line or Function with a goal to ensure negotiated value is realized and risk mitigated/managed with the supplier. The role will collaborate with contract owners, Business Line Executives and Corporate Functions to execute supplier management practices under contract management, financial management, performance management, risk management and relationship management, aligned to the core set of activities defined within the third party management policies, standards and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Validate and track SLA service and earn-back requests; validate and resolve any challenges regarding invoice payments
- Track engagements approaching expiry and work collectively with business, enterprise vendor managers and sourcing managers to finalize transition plans and manage transition activities
- Monitor, measure, manage and track vendor performance to ensure contract compliance and create BU-based vendor views across contracts
- Lead escalated issues/incidents to resolution pertaining to vendor performance, delivery quality and risks
- Understand the risks and conditions associated with select supplier contract to inform of emerging risks
- Lead and coordinate supplier control assessments (e.g. SOC review, on-site visits, testing etc.) to manage risk
- Set up and onboard vendors post contract execution including vendor onboarding into the Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) platform, confirming the governance structure, onboarding resources etc. at the contract level
- Provides clarity on the specific roles and responsibilities of all stakeholders involved in the Supplier performance plan
- Participates in the EVMO internal meetings for continuous improvement actions
- Escalates contract compliance and / or risk controls issues to Strategic Sourcing/ Category leads and EVMOs, if applicable
- Execute standardized structure and training modules across the Business Line in partnership with Enterprise Third Party Management Program Team
- Provide oversight and governance and ensure compliance with relevant third party policies and local regulatory requirements
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates team members by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vision/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- 3-5 years’ experience in contract management and supplier performance management preferred
- University degree and postgraduate qualifications, or equivalent combination of education and Supplier management experience
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Experience managing and coordinating internal and external stakeholder groups for proven service delivery.
- Demonstrated experience working successfully in an environment involving multiple stakeholders with competing objectives
- Good knowledge of contract terms and conditions and SLAs
- Understanding of the risk appetite for the assigned line of business to aid risk assessment and ongoing monitoring
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you