This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 91498
Cost Centre: ADJUDICATION CENTRE OF EXPERTISE
Employee Referral Program - Potential Reward:
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
We are seeking a Customer Focused individual to join the dynamic team in the Adjudication Centre of Expertise (ACE). The ACE supports all areas of Canadian Banking by adjudicating Retail, Small Business, Professional and Agricultural credit requests. ACE works in the Lean environment. The ideal candidate is Customer Focused, Results Oriented with strong credit knowledge in Retail Lending and experience in credit decision making.
The ACE support Branches at the national level from the Tahoe Hub location from 8:00am to 8:00pm, and our satelite office in Montreal. Interested candidates must be prepared to work on site and able to accommodate shiftwork as needed. Lending Solutions Managers specialize in either Retail or Small Business adjudication. This posting is specific to Retail and located in our Montreal office.
Applicants must be fully bilingual (English/French), oral and written.
The ACE is part of Global Risk Management (GRM) which constitutes the Second Line of Defense in the Bank’s risk management framework. The Second Line of Defense independently facilitates and monitors the implementation of effective risk management practices, provides objective challenge to the First Line of Defense (the Business Lines), and provides training, tools and advice to support policy and compliance.
- Adjudicate Retail credit requests efficiently and at an acceptable level of risk.
- Provide high quality credit decisions and advice to Branch and Alternate Channel partners.
- Meet the Bank's customer service standards.
- Contribute to the achievement of ACE and Branch objectives.
- Demonstrates positive change management skills
- Results and customer focused
- Sound knowledge of the Bank’s retail products, policies, processes & systems
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank’s regulatory & compliance requirements as they relate to credit granting
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong skills at understanding & analyzing business financial statements and risk assessment.
- Ability to adjudicate complex retail credit applications
- Financial statement analysis background required
- Experience with Lean Management principles and tools an asset.
- Good level of computer skills, including keyboarding
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you