This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 92269
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The role Manager, AML/ATF Models and Analytics is responsible for applying sophisticated predictive/analytical modelling techniques and latest AML/ATF rules and scenarios to new models AND for enhancing the performance of existing Payment and Name Scanning models. This role contributes to the overall success of the Global Risk Management’s AML/ATF team by ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Also ensures all activities conducted follow governing regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Conducts testing, tuning, development and implementation of AML/ATF name/payment scanning rules and models.
- Vets the effectiveness of scanning systems and provide recommendations for improvement based on identified risks/gaps.
- Identifies and demonstrate value in opportunities to improve the efficiency of the models
- Prepare model documentation to support the model development and validation process.
- Properly identifies, reports and escalates issues which may impact the AML/ATF program resulting from performance, functionality or changes within name/payment scanning applications.
Experience / Education:
- Expertise in modelling methods and statistical analysis
- Prior experience in data extraction, manipulation and reporting, with advanced Python, SAS, R, SQL programming skills
- Tech savvy with knowledge of systems architecture and interaction of multiple server environments.
- Creative, able to see the big picture and draw recommendations based on detailed knowledge of the systems/data
- Sound knowledge of banking and payment operations
- Nice to have AML/ATF Name Scanning (FircoSoft) or Payment Scanning (HotScan) knowledge/experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Data science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or another quantitative field preferred.
This is a temporary role for 12 months.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you