This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 107185
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Global Wealth Management Technology team is responsible for development and management of enterprise solutions for the Wealth Management platform, developed with a mix of software tools, vendor products and technology in varying degrees of complexity.
The Global Wealth Management Technology team is looking for an energetic and result-oriented Technical Business Analyst Advisory. The candidate will be involved mainly in the intake of projects including solution building, research, evaluation and analysis of tehnical solution options based on high level business problem/opportunity statements. Initiatives will be spanning the whole GWMT domain in support of borkerage and asset management business with high degree of complexity and, potentially ambiguity. The candidate will also potentially be involved in the end-to-end delivery of projects following an Agile approach. To join our team, you must be knowledgable, analytical, creative, adaptive, demonstrate initiative, have an eagerness to learn, and thrive on challenge!
Is this role right for you?
- Organize and drive working sessions to review project background and problem/opportunity statement
- Define high level solution options; identify impacted systems; engage system SMEs to build the working team
- Outline pros/cons from multiple perspectives including, client and user experience impact, change management impact, architecture review, business strategic roadmap, technology/application strategic roadmap, risks/dependencies/assumptions and other key decision factors
- Collect high level cost estimation based on the recommended solution option. Outline also the confidence level against the estimates
- Identify key project assumptions, dependencies and constraints
- Present and articulate technology solution options to IT/business stakeholders at various levels in formal and structured settings, including business sponsor and senior management team to support decision making
- Support business case creation process
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 7 + years experience as a System Analyst or Business System Analyst in large and complex application development and/or client solution delivery
- An in-depth knowledge of wealth management systems, with experience in portfolio management/trading, back office, CRM or other relevant applications
- Strong knowledge of wealth management business domain functions, including CRM, client onboarding, portfolio management/trading, accounting, compliance, statements, billing, fee/commission, documentation management etc.
- A wide spectrum of general technical knowledge, including programming, database, infrastructure, security policy, solution architecture, data architecture etc.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving skills, vision and innovative approach to build and perform research/evaluation of technical solution options
- Strong project leadership skills to drive/track/coordinate cross functional teams including business, internal IT and external vendors, to achieve results
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to deliver complex content in a precise, concise and structured manner, catering for different audiences.
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development approach and Use Case/Data/Workflow modeling
- Team player who values the perspectives and opinions of others while leading different parties to consensus
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Global Wealth Management Technology supports the end-to-end technology needs of Scotiabank’s Wealth Management business. Joining our team gives you access to great opportunities with a wide range of traditional and emerging technologies while delivering innovative solutions for our business applications and platforms.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: ''for every future'', we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you