This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 98182
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
The IT Release Coordinator acts as a liaison between Change Management, Release Management, Project Management Office (PMO) and the Delivery teams for the coordination of all build related activities, from intake to deployment.
The Release Coordinator will coordinate delivery activities and ensure deliverables are of the highest quality, while adhering to defined release, change, project and architectural standards and methodologies by leveraging an Agile scrum team (Product, Engineering, Agile, Design).
The Release Coordinator ensures that all technology changes in Tangerine IT environment follow standard IT Change Management procedure, all required review/approval processes have been followed and changes are implemented with no interruptions to the business processes. Will work closely with the Project Management Office (PMO), Software Development, Testing and Quality Assurance, IT Infrastructure and various Business lines. Regular updates will be provided to IT Leadership, overseas production deployment and lead efforts to address any post-production issues while ensuring all changes adhere to the change management and approval process.
Is this role right for you?
- Work closely with PMO, IT Operations, Development and Business groups to define, document, and communicate release scope and content for every release throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality.
- Provide regular reports to IT leadership and Business
- Drives a culture of Change Management that prevents and deters unauthorized changes.
- Accountable for establishing and maintaining metrics and dashboard for Change Management.
- Implement continuous improvement processes related to the area of development, release and change management.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams across IT to deliver on Tangerine’s vision and strategic priorities.
- Proficient in knowledge of technologies and processes like Agile Software Delivery, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, DevOps, GitOps, Cloud Native Technologies including Docker Containers and Kubernetes, and Deployment Automation & Orchestration.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Helps foster a culture of continuous improvement and best practices.
- Drive Agile and DevOps transformation tooling & service offering by evaluating new technologies by participating in continuous improvement work sessions that will continue to allow Tangerine Bank to be well positioned in the marketplace
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Tangerine’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
- Other duties as assigned.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of IT related experience
- Previous exposure to the banking industry/financial services is preferred
- Experience with industry best practices standards (ITIL, PMP, Agile, DevOps, CMMI and others)
- Strong Project Management/Team Management background
- Understanding of Tangerine banking systems and processes
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Expert in Agile methodologies
- Proficiency in CI/CD delivery model
- Well versed in development lifecycle and object oriented development methodologies
- Strong understanding of tools required to automate CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins, GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Artifactory, Docker Containers, and Slack).
- Well versed in Version Control, Continuous Integration, Defect Management, Requirement Management, Automated Deployments and Reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio and MS Project)
- Competent in enterprise application delivery and design techniques, including release and source code branching strategies
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent documentation skills
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- Currently all our teams are working fully remotely
- Remote work continuation to be considered post pandemic
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), vacation, personal & sick days, paternity/maternity leave, medical, vision and dental benefits and much more
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you