This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 98260
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job
The Assistant, Investment Specialist will be responsible for working with an Investment Specialist(s) in support of their development of new wealth management business relationships in target markets.
In support of investment sales and client acquisition, the Assistant, Investment Specialist will be responsible for the required documentation and communication processes, ensuring timely support to the assigned Investment Specialist(s) and their respective customers.
The Assistant, Investment Specialist will be a critical resource in supporting the growth and servicing of the Investment Specialist’s client base.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Preparing and maintaining new and existing customer files
- Preparing and sending transfer documents to Investment Support team, and following up as needed/appropriate
- Record Keeping for new accounts and account activities
- Completing ‘on behalf of’ transactions, trades and account opening
- Following up with clients for missing documentation or information
- Expense administration
- Sending all required documentation and communication to SSI Compliance, including documentation on:
- Account openings & account maintenance
- Fund purchases/switches/redemptions
- Following up on any compliance deficiencies
- Preparing mailing lists and sending customer correspondence
- Answering basic customer inquiries
- Scheduling and rescheduling appointments in support of the Investment Specialist as required
4. Prospecting / Marketing
- Use tools (Salesforce, PMT) to identify off-us investment opportunities
- Work with in-house marketing team to develop adverts and new material aimed at acquiring new to bank customers
- Grow Centres of Influence (COI) to drive new sources of customer acquisition
Other duties as required.
Skills, Experiences, and Functional Competencies
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication - both written and verbal
- Motivated to grow within the industry
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience working in an investment sales/financial planning environment would be considered an asset
- Second language an asset but not required
Education and Other Requirements
- Post-secondary education in Business or related field would be an asset
- Mutual Fund License
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you