This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 107736
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Global Identity & Access Management (GIAM) organization is responsible for the execution and governance of established security controls pertaining to identity and access. This includes the centralized provisioning and periodic certification of user identities, the user accounts linked to those identities, management of privileged access, as well as the selection and integration of identity management tools.
The Information Security Advisor, IAM Audit acts as a central point of contact for Identity and Access Management to internal/external auditors. This role is responsible for reviewing and coordinating audit requests. This includes evidence gathering and working with appropriate GIAM teams to provide responses to audit in a timely manner.
Is this role right for you?
- You enjoy being a central point of reference for Identity & Access Management to internal/external auditors
- You thrive at organizing and leading walkthroughs for auditors with various GIAM teams
- You excel at reviewing and coordinate audit requests for evidence, and work with responsible GIAM teams to provide responses/evidence to audit in a timely manner
- You ensure internal and external audits are concluded on time and all any questions/concerns from audit are addressed in a timely manner
- You enjoy working collaboratively with Management to review new audit issues and create appropriate management responses to address the identified issues/recommendations
- You love to participate in, lead initiatives driven by auditors, and audit-based issues
- You excel at collaborating with all relevant IS&C-GIAM or other department teams for audit and IT Risk initiatives
- You have great skill in tracking Audit issues, reporting, etc.
- You thrive at following up on implementation of action plans to ensure issue are closed on time and without delays
- You excel at liaising and working with security teams to develop clear delivery of evidence for closure of audit issues in a timely manner
- You ensure all regulatory related queries and Due Diligence Questionnaires are reviewed and appropriate responses/evidence are provided in a timely manner
- You love to lead and coordinate various compliance related reviews between various GIAM teams
- You apply auditing principles, observe operations of internal departments to self-identify gaps or inefficiencies in internal processes
- You propose solutions for internal control gaps and process improvements
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You possess advanced communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills in English. The same in Spanish is a strong asset.
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on working experience in performing audit reviews and coordinating audit requests for evidence
- 3 to 5 years experience organizing and leading walkthroughs for auditors
- 3 to 5 years experience creating appropriate Management Responses to address identified issues/recommendations
- 3 to 5 years SOX knowledge & experience
- Post-secondary education in IT or Security related field.
- Certification(s) (e.g. CISA, CISSP, CISM, CCSP, CRISC) would be an asset(s).
What's in it for you?
- Our primary office in Scarborough is freshly renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology.
- Onsite cafeteria plus complimentary hot beverage stations in the workplace.
- Minutes by TTC bus from Warden subway station on Line 2.
- Free employee shuttle service connecting the IT campus with nearby GO stations.
- Free onsite & offsite employee parking with charging stations for electric vehicles onsite
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: ''for every future'', we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you