This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 90493
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Contributes to the overall success of the Corporate Security global mandate by ensuring that specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Assist with the design and implementation of the overall enterprise insider threat program, user behavioral analytics and future data modelling and analytics initiatives in support of investigations, criminal activity and risk mitigation.
- Contributes to the design of complex predictive models and pattern detection algorithms in Splunk to detect suspicious digital fraud alerts and user behavioral activities. Decode and debug complex Search queries, build Splunk Use Cases for financial crime, employee monitoring, threat intelligence, Online banking, PCI & PII use cases.
- Contributes to the support and maintenance of the Banks’ enterprise insider threat intelligence program, and Corporate Security’s digital fraud investigation mechanisms by updating or creating new Splunk data models, rules, alerts, and/or dashboards to provide relative real time actionable intelligence.
- Analyze, review, and provide insight into the Bank’s enterprise insider threat program, major digital fraud and financial crimes investigations, other intelligence big data analytics industry initiatives to proactively support business decisions and processes.
- Keep abreast of emerging insider threat techniques, digital fraud trends, investigative techniques, evolving regulatory requirements and assess potential impact to the bank.
- Establish and maintain effective dialogue with internal technology and business partners to identify opportunities for new initiatives, development, and risk mitigation.
- Post-secondary degree in relevant STEM discipline (Computer Science, Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, and Statistics/Mathematics) and/or 2+ year similar hands-on work experience preferred.
- Solid working experience in an analytical role, using expert Splunk SPL query language to create dashboards, algorithms, rules, and/or alerts, preferably in the context of user behavioral analytics and digital fraud analysis.
- Demonstrated ability working with analytical and computing tools, such as like Splunk, Microsoft Power BI, SAS, Java, R, Python, Hadoop, HIVE, Spark, etc.
- Training and/or certifications in Splunk Enterprise Version 7.x and 8.x and Data Analytics would be an asset.
- Strong verbal, written, presentation & communication skills
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate data with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be self-motivated, self-starter, energetic and results-oriented and be committed to adding value to the organization.
- Knowledge of industry trends regarding fraud and experience in fraud detection and prevention is an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you