This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 82923
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
When you join Scotiabank, you’re part of an internationally recognized, award-winning workplace!
Within Global Operations, you’ll be contributing to a high-performing culture focused on servicing our customers. Our emphasis is on building the teams’ expertise and maintaining a solid risk management culture, while improving the effectiveness and efficiency of our operations. You will be part of a team that ensures a corporate culture built around high performance and continuous improvement, recognition and rewards, diversity and inclusion, and the core values of respect, integrity, passion and accountability.
Within the Fraud department, we enable the bank’s strategy by safeguarding our customers and the bank through best-in-class fraud management, customer, and employee experiences.
The Inbound Fraud Team champions a customer focused culture by analyzing and taking action with every customer call, resolving Scotiabank’s Canadian retail and commercial customers’ fraud-related matters, when they transact with their card in person, online, or using their device.
What will your role be?
As a BIlingual (French) Inbound Fraud Advisor, you are responsible for answering incoming calls from customers and responding to fraud-related inquiries. You will review unusual activity with customers, complete fraud reports, itemize fraud transactions, obtain details for card replacement, and communicate with various departments within the bank. You will utilize specific call handling procedures to mitigate potential fraud losses.
What will you be doing?
- You will demonstrate your passion for superior customer service and use your problem-solving abilities by answering incoming calls and written inquiries from customers, branches, and other Bank departments to resolve fraud-related issues
- You will carefully review declined transactions and authorize the transactions that are deemed legitimate through analysis and customer verification
- You will decline any transactions that are considered suspicious and require further investigation
- You will accurately complete online fraud reports and ensure correct action is taken when inputting the option for transfer of balance
- You will arrange card replacements for customers affected by fraud
- You will handle transferred calls from Contact Centres when cardholders report transactions on lost/stolen cards, and ensure card/account status is updated on all applicable systems and electronic warning bulletins
- You will achieve and maintain required service level standards by operating at optimal efficiency and ensuring productivity goals are met
- You will minimize fraud losses for Scotiabank by immediately taking action on suspicious activity and identifying new opportunities to maximize the customer experience
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are flexible to work during the hours of operation
- You are an active listener, demonstrate empathy to customers, and enjoy building relationships with customers to gain their loyalty
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, receiving a high volume of calls per day
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, which allow you to think critically and make effective decisions
- You are tech savvy and can navigate between multiple Windows-based application systems
- You have completed post-secondary education (degree or diploma)
- You have strong communication skills in both French and English
- Hours of Operation: We are seeking flexibility from candidates as work schedules can be anytime within our hours of operation (Monday to Friday 7:30AM - 11:00PM; Saturday 10:00AM - 8:00PM; Sunday 10:00AM - 6:00pm).
- Shift: Permanent - Full Time, ongoing work schedules will be finalized with new employees during the training period. We are committed to providing our employees with a balanced working environment, and your work schedule will be fixed, once assigned; not subject to rotation.
- Location: 90 Wynford Drive (Don Mills & Eglinton in North York)
- Start Date: June 29, 2020
- Training: There will be mandatory full-time training for the first 5 weeks of the position (Monday to Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm)
Take the first step in joining our Fraud Team in North York, Ontario. Say Hello and Apply today!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you