This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 83985
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Within Global Operations, you’ll be contributing to a high-performing culture focused on servicing our customers. Our emphasis is on building the teams’ expertise and maintaining a solid risk management culture, while improving the effectiveness and efficiency of our operations. You will be part of a team that is built around continuous improvement, recognition and rewards, diversity and inclusion, and the core values of respect, integrity, passion and accountability.
What will your role be?
As an Inbound Disputes Advisor, you will contribute to the overall success of the team in Canada by answering incoming calls from customers and responding to merchant dispute-related inquiries. You will be responsible for thoroughly reviewing transaction activity with customers, determining whether the transaction is eligible for a claim, and obtaining all necessary details in order to successfully create a dispute claim.
What will you be doing?
- You will demonstrate your passion for superior customer service and use your problem-solving abilities by answering incoming calls and written inquiries from customers, branches, and other Bank departments to resolve dispute-related issues
- You will prevent loss to the Bank by accurately creating and completing the online dispute process
- You will achieve and maintain required service level standards by operating at optimal efficiency and ensuring productivity goals are met
- You will prioritize and process customer requests in a timely manner
- You will actively participate in team activities and initiatives and take responsibility for self-learning and development
- You will advise the customer of the dispute process and timelines
You have the skills to succeed if:
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are flexible to work during the hours of operation
- You are an active listener, demonstrate empathy to customers, and enjoy building relationships with customers to gain their loyalty
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, receiving a high volume of calls per day
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, which allow you to think critically and make effective decisions
- You are tech savvy and can navigate between multiple Windows-based application systems
- You have completed post-secondary education (degree or diploma)
- Hours of Operation: We are seeking flexibility from candidates as work schedules can be any time within our hours of operation (Monday to Friday 8:00AM - 9:00PM)
- Shift: Permanent, ongoing work schedules will be finalized with new employees during the training period. We are committed to providing our employees with a balanced working environment, and your work schedule will be fixed, once assigned; not subject to rotation.
- Location: 90 Wynford Drive (Don Mills & Eglinton in North York)
- Start date: June 29, 2020
- Training: There will be mandatory full-time training for the first 5 weeks of the position (Monday to Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm)
Take the first step in joining our Fraud Team in North York, Ontario. Say Hello and Apply today!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you