This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 107930
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Audit Department is the 3rd Line of Defense and plays a key role in the internal control system of the Bank. Its mandate is to provide independent and objective assurance over the design and effectiveness of internal controls to mitigate risks and to provide advisory services designed to improve the Bank's operations.
The incumbent will be working directly with the Senior Manager/Director, Audit - GBM and be responsible for participating in audits covering GBM products, regulations and operations. The incumbent will also assist with Compliance related audits and in some cases act as Officer-in-Charge (OIC) on audit engagements.
The Manager will work with the Senior Manager/Director to assess the design and operational effectiveness of internal controls, adherence to regulatory requirements and Bank policies, As an OIC, the incumbent will be managing the planning, execution, and reporting of assigned audits in accordance with department standards. In addition, the Manager will support the Senior Manager/Director in determining the overall audit plan and strategy over the coverage.
- Executes audit engagements as per the Audit Plan and updates the Risk Assessment Database as required
- Participates in various GBM audits. Develop and executes standard audit programs for adequate and consistent approach to cover swap dealer, broker dealer, derivatives activities
- Prioritize testing activities using a risk-based approach to ensure that the scope and extent of testing is adequate to support the audit findings and conclusions
- Control weaknesses are identified; errors are quantified as applicable, associated impact is defined, documented and reported, the identified issues are understood and management action plans are assessed for appropriateness.
- Audit reports are written to a consistent high standard of quality and are finalized / released within established metrics
- Audit findings are adequately documented in the Audit Issues Tracking Database
- The audit work is documented according to the established standards
- Maintain effective communication with stakeholders including appropriate handling of conflicts and issue resolution.
- Coordinate work performed on behalf of the external auditors as assigned.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of audit, compliance, risk management. This includes keeping abreast of key industry developments, regulatory changes, and identifies key systemic issues (arising from audits globally) and internal changes that will impact the annual audit plan and/or quarterly Audit Committee reporting
- Assist to develop tactical strategies for increasing the use of data analytics to drive effective annual planning / risk assessment, and engagement / project execution
Education / Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in Internal Audit, Capital Markets, 1st & 2nd Line Testing, Regulatory body or related consulting experience
- Working knowledge of Capital Markets Products, Regulations including Compliance framework, structure, programs, and systems
- University degree in business, finance, economics, accountancy or any other relevant area.
- Internal or external audit background. Accounting designations / technical / professional qualifications (CPA, CFA, CIM etc.) will be an asset.
- Knowledge of audit processes and methodologies
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Strong strategic, analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- A self-starter / takes initiative, deals well with ambiguity, is detail-oriented
- Thrives in a dynamic team-oriented environment
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: ''for every future'', we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you