This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 90700
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
This role will strategically partner with Corporate and Investment Banking management team to provide leadership expertise and knowledge of our people strategy and associated business activities. The role is a key member of the team providing expertise and knowledge of the business and is a critical partner to our HR teams - our HR Business Partner, recruiting teams (Campus and Lateral hiring) and Learning and Development.
The Associate Director is a role which has strong understanding of our professionals and the skills required to have a strong talent base and is positioned to add value to the CIB executive team by planning and managing our people and culture initiatives in conjunction with stakeholders from HR and the business. This also includes providing leadership and support for a variety of communities within our business - our staffers, CB people managers, our junior leadership committee and actively manages programs in place to support the attraction, development and retention of our employees. This role reports to the MD, COO of CIB.
A proven leader and people manager, she/he will provide ongoing coaching and development to his/her colleagues and promote the Bank’s culture and strategic priorities within CIB and with key stakeholders across GBM and the Bank. This role will interact and partner with several HR support team, primarily across Canada and the U.S. and with all professionals in Canada and the U.S. (~530 professionals).
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Manage the day-to-day activities for our people and culture initiatives and programs by partnering with CIB, GBM COO team, D&I and HR teams as needed
- Drive change and improvement by convening, informing, supporting, influencing and mentoring; and ensure all programs are effectively integrated to achieve best possible outcomes
Sets business direction to establish and execute on attracting, developing and retaining our employees:
- Using data from the business, establish, document, implement people initiatives
- Includes working with HR teams and key stakeholders to ensure we take a consistent approach with hiring, developing and performance managing our teams
- Leverages appropriate resources within and outside CIB
- Defines best practices within the business and sets standards around which others will operate
- Exhibit a risk oriented mindset and ensure all business lines are aware of all governance policies and adhere to them
- Monitors and reports on the success of our programs, works with CIB COO to improve and advance existing programs
- Stays abreast of industry and competitor trends to influence any evolution / changes required
- Business lead on all people and culture processes for CIB
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to partners across GBM / Bank regarding the operations of CIB
- University degree with 6-8+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Corporate and Investment Banking business and its products; strong understanding of people strategies is preferred
- Strong analytical skills to leverage data into a recommendation or report for Executives
- Proven ability to translate vision and strategic priorities into realities
- Comfortable working at both the conceptual and the hands-on level
- Big-picture thinking, growth-oriented leadership skills
- Strategic influencing skills to effectively persuade and influence peers and senior management
- Negotiation skills and ability to influence and persuade
- Energetic, motivated, solutions-oriented to retain high performing talent
- Demonstrated high performance track record
- Able to work in lean environment
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Scotiabank's offers that may interest you