This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Requisition ID: 266565
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Program (iXp) is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp:
1. Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
2. Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
3. Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team:
The IT Marketing team manages SAPs solutions and external platforms to support the end-to-end marketing process. In addition, we engage with the business, manage the technology portfolio and development of our IT products, solution innovation and associated engineering (e.g. SAP Marketing Cloud). Join us in helping our internal marketing clients to reimagine their business and create new possibilities that allow them to dream bigger, work smarter, and manage demand more efficient. We also create internal success-stories and best practices for the external market to showcase at external events and sales activities how we “Run Simple” with our own solutions.
What you’ll do:
• Position Title: SAP iXp Intern - IT Technical Consultant (Developer)
• Location: Vancouver, BC
• Expected start date to end date: January 4, 2021 - September 3, 2021
In this role, you’ll:
• Quick at learning new development languages and keen on learning how SAP applications work
• Develop application features and enhancements with a strong focus on Quality Assurance, write test automation scripts, perform unit testing, and troubleshoot bugs
• Strong will to pursue a problem, identify the source, and propose possible solutions in collaboration with other team members
• Self-motivated and has the desire to learn new technologies, plus share the learnings
• Adaptable to new processes, tools, and working environment
• Detail oriented and able to follow documentation procedures
• Able to test and debug applications and solutions
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
• Understanding of software applications, software development lifecycle, and development methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
• Strong programming skills and experience in Java and other object-oriented languages
• Strong proficiency in test automation tools (Selenium, Katalon Studio)
• Experience with databases, data and deployment pipelines, continuous integration, continuous delivery, automation and DevOps tool chain - Jenkins, Docker, GitHub, Grafana, Data Dog, AWS - is a major asset
• Familiarity with development tools such as Git, GitHub, and JIRA
• Working knowledge of Test-Driven Development, performance testing, or data correctness/integrity testing
• Flexibility to work with a global team in various time zones
• Clear and concise communication, both verbal and written
• Strong desire to interact with and learn from senior members of the team
• Creative thinking, willingness and ability to learn quickly new concepts and technologies
• Requires candidates to be currently enrolled in or have recently completed an undergraduate or master’s program, which is applicable to the position.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other SAP's offers that may interest you