This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Coordinates and mentors Drivers on daily activities and ensures the delivery of materials to customers are in accordance with safety regulations.
- Provides assistance to the Drivers in the morning to ensure timely departure of all trucks. Ensures that all trucks leaving are loaded in a safe professional manner.
- Performs safety gate audits, and ensure drivers are using correct methods for load security and circle checks.
- Ensures that all work is conducted in compliance with Health and Safety policies and legislation.
- Participates in regular driver safety meetings.
- Assisting the Drivers perform routine vehicle maintenance including documenting daily inspections and ensuring safety equipment, straps and paper work are in place.
- Assisting in Truck/Forklift repair process and co-ordinates with Mechanics and Delivery Manager on equipment repairs.
- Provides help to the drivers strapping loads etc during re-load process of the trucks for PM deliveries.
- Assisting with traffic flow for the re-loads.
- Coaches and educates Drivers on Pre-Trip and Load Security.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Position requires in depth knowledge of flatbed deliveries including use of hitchhiker forklift. Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of lumber and building materials would be an asset.
- Position requires an individual with strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritize and apply a sense of urgency to ensure delivery and customer service levels are maintained.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail are required to provide follow up and monitor work performance. Requires a self- motivated individual.
- Position requires good interpersonal skills to foster a team oriented work environment and to provide appropriate coaching and training.
- Must hold a valid ‘DZ’ or ‘AZ’ level driver’s license.
- Must have Moffett certification
- Boom truck experience is an asset.
Work is performed in an outdoor environment and incumbent exposed to occasional seasonal temperature changes and inclement weather conditions.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. DC-20-0578
Other RONA inc.'s offers that may interest you