This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers is seeking a System Integrator with expertise in Wireless Data Core platforms. Reporting to the Manager, Engineering - Wireless Data Core, the Systems Integrator will be the Senior technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) to drive the design, development, testing, engineering, implementation and evolution for Wireless Data Core platforms to a cloud native environment.
What you will be doing:
- Take full accountability and ownership in all standard DevOps deliverables (design, integration, testing, troubleshooting) for wireless data core platforms, including but not limited to the following: 5G Standalone Core (5GC) - AMF, SMF, UPF, AUSF, UDM, UDR, NRF, NEF, NSSF ; Evolved Packet Core (EPC) - MME, PGW, SGW, HSS, ePDG ; Cloud Native (Docker/K8s) and hypervisor-based NFV environments and associated cloud tools
- Design, integrate and deploy next generation cloud native network functions based on Docker and Kubernetes (K8s), including in-depth understanding of container and VM lifecycles, connectivity, storage
- Utilize cloud and virtualization tools to automate workflows, CNF/VNF platform lifecycle management, issue troubleshooting, integration validation, end to end testing, and KPI reporting.
- Author technical engineering documentation (eg. Engineering Design Specification Documents, Acceptance Test Plans, Work orders and Method of Procedures) which facilitates configuration changes, software/hardware upgrades, validations, E2E service testing and platform integration.
- Assess technical requirements, solutions designs and provide engineering analysis, requirements and costs for the implementation and deployment of new services and platforms.
- Manage Vendor relationships to complete their deliverables of the solution. (eg. review of quotes, scope of work documents, solution requirements, design specifications, acceptance test plans, MOPs, and roadmap of platform evolution).
- Co-ordinate and work closely with peer departments (eg. Project Management, Network Operations, Network Planning, Product Development, IT, OSS, Engineering, etc…) for end-to-end service integration and implementation.
- Provide engineering input for technical solutions related to the deployment of new services and technology.
- Perform lab design, implementation, and validation to simulate changes in a controlled environment prior to production rollout.
- Provide troubleshooting support to Operations and peer technical teams.
- Conduct what-if simulations and bottleneck analysis to quantify the impact on network as a result of new services and technologies rolled out on network.
- Prepare presentations and reports to management as required.
- Work in a tight, highly motivated, team environment taking on leadership responsibility when necessary.
What you have:
- Minimum 10+ years of technical experience across Wireless Networks and Cloud
- Minimum of 2+ years of hands on cloud computing experience.
- In depth knowledge of Any-G Wireless Core: 5GC/LTE/3G call flows and 3GPP architecture and its deployment and integration in large-scale carrier environments - IP/networking (including Cloud Spine/Leaf), OSS, BSS (online charging, provisioning), Policy/PCF/PCRF
- Expert-level knowledge of 3GPP, ETSI and IEEE industry standards
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, microservices, edge computing, orchestration, CI/CD pipeline integration and workflow automation in a cloud environment.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills for Cloud/IT Infrastructure are required.
- Experience with containerizing legacy applications into cloud native functions.
- Cloud certifications with Azure, AWS, and/or GCP would be an asset.
- Experience with Splunk, Grafana, Prometheus, Jaeger, EFK or ELK stack, software defined networking (SDN) as applicable to Wireless Packet Core
- Scripting (python, shell) and sysadmin skills on Linux environments: a strong asset
- University Degree or equivalent in engineering/computer science discipline.
- Core Competencies include Innovative and Creative thinking, Problem Solving abilities, Adaptability and Initiative.
- Excellent communication, inter-personal skills, teamwork and collaborative abilities with proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to multi-task and deliver in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of IP routing in Cloud environments (Spine and Leaf solutions, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, CNI/K8s plugins), familiarity with the Best Security Practices for data networks and Cloud
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 206174
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Information Technology & Engineering
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Rogers Communications's offers that may interest you