This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Senior Solution Architect, Technology
Rogers is dynamic Canadian media and telecommunications company. Innovation is our legacy and building a brilliant modern future is our mission. As a leading Canadian company, we are passionate about winning and committed to pursuing the best. This translates into everything we do, including the selection of a candidate.
Who we are
We are Rogers Tech Hub, a product-centric way of funding and delivering technology based on Scaled Agile, bringing IT, Digital, and Business teams together to deliver the highest-value solutions in the shortest amount of time.
We achieve this by continuously
- Investing in talent to cultivate in-house innovation
- Modernizing our tools and technology
- Empowering teams to collaborate with accountability
Measuring financial value delivered to prioritize work
Sr Solution Architect. Reporting to Principal Architect, Tech Hub and BSS, you will play a critical role in defining the target and interim state architecture for Rogers Business Support Systems (BSS), focusing on commerce and Order management domains.
This role, in partnership with the Tech Hub Development team, is also responsible for leading the architecture roadmap of a core Microservices layer that provides a converged set of Enterprise capabilities across Rogers channels and products.
What you will be doing - key responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and expertise in building architecture roadmap and patterns that defines the evolution of moving capabilities from Monolithic systems to Microsevices based architecture.
- Build an end-to-end solution architecture describing the Solution Context across systems, defining interaction between them, and specifying the interface specifications.
- Plan and develop the Architectural Runway in support of new business features and capabilities.
- Collaborate with product owners, the agile team, and other delivery teams to define systems functionalities and communicate systems technical requirements.
- Complete solution architecture artifacts that define the solution details such as solution architecture and system context diagrams, data flow diagrams, and sequence diagrams that define the interactions across systems, security architecture diagrams, etc.
- Establish critical Non-functional Requirements (NFRs) and ensure the solution architecture delivers them.
- Work with Enterprise architects, infrastructure architects & security architects to ensure the solutions align with the target state architecture across different solution domains.
- Socialize Architecture roadmap across Technology, product development, and Business Teams.
What you bring - preferred competencies & qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or Engineering discipline (required).
- Minimum of 10 years of technology experience in a large enterprise IT or Engineering department.
- Strong understanding and experience in Microservices architecture and cloud native solutions.
- Understanding of common architecture frameworks and information models. Preference given to candidates familiar with TM Forum Frameworx (Open API, TAM, eTOM, SID)
- Preference given to candidates with a background in telecommunications and have worked directly in Commerce and Order Management domains.
- Strong decision-making, consensus building and conflict resolution skills.
- A continuous improvement mindset to drive improvements to the process and team performance.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills both in person and written.
- A keen and demonstrated interest in learning opportunities to further develop self and community.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 237394
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Information Technology & Engineering
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Rogers Communications's offers that may interest you